Author Topic: windows notification: computer not protected warning  (Read 9102 times)

chubbycheq

Re: windows notification: computer not protected warning
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 02:43:57 AM »
Hello

I am having exactly the same problem as Leon but I'm afraid I'm not very techy and therefore don't understand a lot of the terminology used in the replies here.

Can anyone help me to solve the problem using less daunting language please???!! ???

I'm very good at following instructions to the letter but I need to be pointed in the right direction  :-\

Many thanks

Claire

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 04:05:19 AM »
* DavidR: unfortunately the warning stills appears after uninstalling, reinstalling and rebooting... bugger! The good thing is that now, when I run the .bat file Tech posted in http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23457.msg193534#msg193534 the warning disappears. However it comes back after booting again.
Leon, it's late here, sorry the questions... but is there any other antivirus in this computer? Had in the past? Is system time and date correct? If all these are true, I suspect you have an infected computer...
The best things in life are free.

Ted.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 02:21:53 AM »
Hi, All,

Hi, I know this is already history but just for the records.
I found out why windows didn't recognized avast as my AV. It turned out that my Path environment variable had been messed up and it missed the "C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;" part.
Thanks again,

Leon.

I have already posted my problem on this forum, but this sounds as though it may be my answer too. How do I set that Environment Path??