Author Topic: Why would one use Prism to go to sites one frequents often...  (Read 2143 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Howdy malware fighters,

Why would one use this web apps next to Fx, flock, IE or GoogleChrome or Iron?
http://www.labnol.org/software/get-prism-with-firefox/8495/
It is fast it does not go outside http://forum.avast.com/index.ph if that is what you made it for, just a click on the desktop and very fast to your favorite website, and it is xulrunner that takes you there.
So you could use it to read your mail, scan with Exploit Prevention Labs Link Scanner or blacklistdoctor without a crash, lightweight, log in to multiple accounts of GMail, load hyperlink in your default browser from Prism,

polonus
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Why would not one use Prism to go to sites one frequents often...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:13:52 AM »
Hi malware fighters,

I had to change the subject line, because I have found a big hole in the xulrunner application.
The vulnerability this times from not being able to manipulate an uploaded application like the one I used from danasoft that shows the IP of the beholder.
If you do that in Prism it does not reflect the data of the one that views it, but it is updated as it is and if there is your data, that will be a give away. How is it that security you would appreciate at first site, may work against you. I will report this to the developers of the Prism beta application, and was glad that someone pointed this out to me. I am going to uninstall Prism now,

polonus
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:15:25 AM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!