Author Topic: Managed CALs and Laptop support  (Read 4812 times)

ACG_Support

Managed CALs and Laptop support
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:04:44 AM »
I have about 35 laptops which are part of a domain. Of those 35 perhaps 16 seldom if ever come in from the road and connect to the network.

Can Managed Network CALs be used on these systems whereby they can download updates on the fly? Can the licenses I bought (45) with the SBS be used for the laptops as stand alone machines?

wpn

Re: Managed CALs and Laptop support
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:12:37 AM »
if u mean this:

can i install the licenses i bought on the laptops and then have those laptops update from internet

then the answer is yes:  the managed clients look for the AMS for a certain ammount of time if the client cant find the local AMS it will refert to internet....

i have tested this on my own laptop with a managed client and that worked fine, u can check it happening in the update logs from the client

ACG_Support

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »
sweet, thats sure to save a few bucks....thanks!

I assume when you install you use the license that came with the SBS suite?

wpn

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »
well

i dont use the SBS suite, but i have the ADNM installed on my corporate network and installed the client via the ADNM which uses the bought licenses via a license file that was supplied by avast to my supplier

with other words: my laptop makes use of the license that was bought for my company