Author Topic: Where to activate key?  (Read 9830 times)

jewsterbeam

Where to activate key?
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »
Hey,
I had a license problem. That my license was expired. Now I got a new key to make my license valid again.
Now I got my key. But when I follow the marks of how to insert the key I can't find the place.
I'm stuck at the part of right-clicking at the blue a-ball sign. Cause I can't choose the option for: about avast..
I tried to search a answer on the forum but can't find anything which looks the same as mine.
I only need to know where to insert the key.
Hope i could inform you enough about the problem, and I hope you can help me with it.

Regards,

Joas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Where to activate key?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »
Which is your operational system?
You're on Linux/Unix/Mac forum...
The best things in life are free.

magick47

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 05:48:48 PM »
I have this problem when trying to activate the key on my Mac running 10.5.7 version.  Please walk this child through this.  Had the same problem last year trying to set this up but forgot, duh, how to do it.

Thanks,

magick47

Mr.Agent

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
Right click on the icon of Avast! on your task bar and select about avast! then insert your license key.

I hope this help.

Thank.

Mr.Agent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 08:53:35 PM »
Right click on the icon of Avast! on your task bar and select about avast! then insert your license key.

I hope this help.

Thank.

Mr.Agent
Is that the same in Mac and Windows? ???
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:46:32 AM »
I have this problem when trying to activate the key on my Mac running 10.5.7 version.  Please walk this child through this.  Had the same problem last year trying to set this up but forgot, duh, how to do it.

Thanks,

magick47

The mac version does not use a license key. It uses a license file which will be emailed to you once you purchase the program. There is no free home version for Mac.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 01:12:58 PM »

... or use the third (from left) button on the alert window that appears when the license is invalid/expired - "change license" is its name.
... or, when there's some usable license or demo-mode, and you can go to the menu, use menubar->avast!->License...

anyway, in the dialog, pick the license FILE (there's no such thing like license keys).

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)