Author Topic: msn images  (Read 4133 times)

william

msn images
« on: May 15, 2004, 07:35:17 PM »
i use msn 6.2 to chat in direct with friends, Avast always says that the virus scan failed and I can't download the picutre - never happened before I had avast... any ideas, please?

sedina

Re:msn images
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 10:24:58 PM »
What OS are you using? Have you enable MSN/Windows Messenger on Instant Messaging provider? Did you upgrade Messenger or are you uisng version 6.2 for some time? thanks...

william

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 11:11:33 PM »
Thanz for replying - the msn messenger is activated and my operating system is winxp. My version on msn 6.2 was installed a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks again, hoping for a solution

sedina

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 12:20:23 PM »
The message "virus scan failed " -  where is located? On On-access dialog?
Or some Message Box? Have you enable Virus checking on Tools/Options/ Messages Tab? thanks

william

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 02:56:26 PM »
Hi!

The message virus scan failed shows up on the msn screen under the photo, and the tools/message/options box has a check mark in it - it should be disabled, I imagine, and reenabled if someone sends a document?

Thanx again for being here and have agreat day!

William

sedina

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 08:26:38 AM »
What program is defined in tools/messsage/options as virus scanner? If it's blank and check box is enabled I think that it can be the source of problem. Under WinXP (or Win2000,NT,Win2003) avast! handles MSN internally, so this option is not necessary... So, please uncheck that checkbox and test it... thanks!

william

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 06:20:26 PM »
Whein I can, I'll get someone to send me an image and I'll let you know whether it works or not, thanks again ;D