Author Topic: No Support?  (Read 2584 times)

Offline jimb11

No Support?
« on: April 17, 2009, 05:25:13 PM »
I emailed one of the avast employees twice and never got a reply even when I asked him to get back to me! Not a good sign!

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: No Support?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »
Hello Jimb,
thanks for your emails, I am currently working on the firewall code but I may find some some spare time on sunday evening for your Vista connection indicator problem with WebShield - that you are referring to in your emails. However I doubt my boss, which is Vlk, would be very happy - we are really trying to make the avast5 ready for all of you.

You have emailed me yesterday at 16PM, requiring a special build of WebShield, but I don't have such thing prepared for this specific task at the moment. So, I can let you know right now, as you've requested, that I will probably not send you this special build right now. I am sorry for now.

I don't know if you have already contacted our support department (probably yes, judging from the Subject), I regret if they let you don't. If you'll send me your ticket number, I can look into the database and see how is it going, who is working on it.

Sorry for the troubles.
Lukas

PS: the thread from your email is indeed related to the vista indicator problem, but your last posts with the firewall logs seems to be somewhat different thing. Or am I mistaken? I am little confused what should I respond to? Btw, the logs from firewall you posted here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=43865.msg370365#msg370365 are apparently from the firewall and I doubt debug version of WebShield would help you understand why your firewall blocks various packets (both UDP and TCP directed of ports that are not monitored by webshield in any way).

Offline jimb11

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »
Thank you lukor for replying. The Vista connection indicator problem with WebShield is what I'm concerned about. The firewall log was just something I thought might have something to do with it. I haven't contacted your support department because I thought you were part of that.

By the way I can't wait to see what Avast 5 looks like.

Thank you for all your help!

Offline jimb11

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »
Lukor:

Could you please check on my support Ticket ID:MBX-449368 and let me know how it's going?

Thank you:
Jim