Author Topic: New! Avast team blog  (Read 68477 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: New! Avast team blog
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »
evangelists: just my curiosity - what type of content would be interesting for you?
Non-technical (antivirus) ones. From av marketing, plans for the future.
Non-formal will be good if users can login and participate in somehow.
Funny, sure, it's not bad to see the staff drinking bear ;D
The best things in life are free.

onlysomeone

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »
Well, the article for Allaple is totally out of my league but would be nice if you guys would write a bit about AV technologies in general (even competitors stuff) and explain new features that are in avast! and the ones that will follow in a near future.
For example right now some hints about avast! 5 and what new it'll end up in it and why that particular tech is good. This kind of stuff is always interested to read and may attract new users after reading the blog. Funny things here and there also don't hurt. Blog is not an official thing like official webpage so it's usually nice to see the fun side of the staff behind the "serious" mask. Makes it closer to the users.

evangelists: just my curiosity - what type of content would be interesting for you?
Non-technical (antivirus) ones. From av marketing, plans for the future.
Non-formal will be good if users can login and participate in somehow.
Funny, sure, it's not bad to see the staff drinking bear ;D

I forward this two suggestions.
I also would be very interested in some backround information about whats going on in your company; future plans; new technologies; and so on...
Like Tech and RejZoR said. :)

kubecj

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »
Commenting is now open (after registration). In case of problems, let me know.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 04:28:39 PM »
Thanks for that, are there any plans to have a similar image function as the forums, where clicking on it expands the image in place and doesn't open in a new page ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »
DavidR: it's all about the capabilities of WordPress... there's maybe some space to put an javascript, but we'll wait for the final layout etc..

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
Thanks.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

onlysomeone

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »
I would suggest you add an icon to the avast! team blog... like it is on the web-forum...
I know its probably hard to understand what I mean, but I posted a picture to make it easier. :)

yours
onlysomeone

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 12:12:13 PM »
evangelists: just my curiosity - what type of content would be interesting for you? formal, non-formal or even funny? detailed or something for the average Joe? i'm not saying we'll absolutely follow your responses, but i think i can inspire a bit with them Wink

If it is in the nature of the employees to be photographed at work, parties, whatever, (in a nutshell, to want to include the Avast users in their activities), great.
I'm not terribly technically minded, but enjoy articles about how worms etc spread translated from the original geekish.  ;D

Future plans, any reference to how things are going at the company, whatever you think might be interesting. (Maybe avoid the weather. Unless it is reference to another Storm worm.)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »
I would suggest you add an icon to the avast! team blog...

It was working for other browser than IE. Now fixed also for IE.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »
I always liked to read the topical stuff about the Alwil team and the photographs in the news items.
Also the up to date findings about developments and changes in malware practices.

You've made a good start. Congratulations on your foresight.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:25:35 PM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

onlysomeone

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »
I would suggest you add an icon to the avast! team blog...

It was working for other browser than IE. Now fixed also for IE.

Very nice.
I had to clean my browser history and temporary files that I could see it, but now it works. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 03:38:34 PM »
An interesting new entry from the 18th on Google searches, http://blog.avast.com/2009/06/18/google-new-malware-hosting/#more-214.

Quote from: Extract from blog
A new type of malware has been found today which uses the Google search engine database for hosting.  Werner Klier (virus researcher from GData) pointed us to one very puzzling result of Google search. This result was detected as malware with avast! from the beginning. It is however a very interesting approach from malware creators – using Google to host their malware.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
An interesting new entry from the 18th on Google searches, http://blog.avast.com/2009/06/18/google-new-malware-hosting/#more-214.

Thanks DavidR. Might have overlooked the entry, and sooner seen the better.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

matt231

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 05:18:07 AM »
http://blog.avast.com/

Mainly (but not exclusively) for the virus lab.
Also, the layout will change soon.

Enjoy!
Vlk

Just saw this, good idea! Have added it to my RSS feeds.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 07:51:06 AM »
I think it's cool.  They're using the same theme that I'm using for my blog (slightly modified of course).

I don't know how useful it will be for them, since they have a website and a forum already, but good for them.

Now all they need is a twitter account, and they'll be down with the rest of the teens...
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum