Author Topic: Win32:Inject-pv trj warning question  (Read 3135 times)

zeus0977

Win32:Inject-pv trj warning question
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:59:39 AM »
I hope i'm posting this in the right spot but i was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I was using Forte Agent to access newsgroups like i always do when i clicked on one post and received a warning from Avast. It said that it detected Win32:inject-pv trj and gave me a few options such as move/rename, delete, something else and do nothing down below. I clicked delete and an error box popped up saying that avast couldn't find remove the file since it didn't exist, and then went back to the previous warning. I did this a few times then had to shutdown agent from the task manager, then after a few more cycles i clicked do nothing to get out of the avast warning.

After this i checked the directory that agent downloads to and no new files were there. When i opened agent back up the message didn't have any body to it and was just as though i never clicked on it. I still ended up purging and removing the newsgroup that i was in and am now running a full scan on my HD with Avast.

My question is do i have anything to worry about and is there anything else i should be doing right now? Thank you for any help on this problem.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Win32:Inject-pv trj warning question
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:01:28 AM »
Can you check your Virus Chest to see if avast quarantined it already?
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

zeus0977

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:03:21 AM »
i just checked and there is no files in the chest

P.S. Just finished a full scan of the computer and nothing was found. Any help or insight would still be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:34:45 AM by zeus0977 »

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 01:44:41 PM »
Welcome zeus0977

Its always best not to delete as it may be a false positive so you should move it to the Chest so that the suspect file can be restored.

Newsgroups can be a delivery vehicle for malware and avast! is protecting you with the Internet Mail scanner.