Poll

What Operating System is the one you like the most?

Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 2K
Windows 7
Linux
Mac OS X
Other (Post which one)

Author Topic: What OS do you like the most & what OS do you use?  (Read 35689 times)

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: What OS do you like the most & what OS do you use?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
Afraid I'm stuck with MS Office on desktop. I have various licenses 2000 through to XP Office and 2003. I quite like 2003, where at least they had a shot at their own graphics program with Picture Manager. But still a bit too chunky and labouring. Every Office suite they put out is far too expensive considering their command of the desktop market. Monopoly demand should scale into lower prices.

I try to use MS Office as least as possible on internet, where I think OOo will most of the time be the better option, providing the apps are supported. Google docs is a good example where I think some OOo apps come into their own.

Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Husk

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »
And 2010 is coming in July  ;D

Don't think i'll be getting it though. I'm guessing it's gonna be like $800+ on release.

I used to hate vista and wanted to go to XP. But i'm getting used to it. I just hate the fact that nearly most games are incompatible. I would like Windows 7 for the speed, But I looked at pictures and the interface was ugly  :'( and theres compatibility issues again.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »
Maybe you think the pictures are ugly because you got used to Vista's special affects and all. ;D
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

sham1313

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 04:10:33 PM »
If I had the money I bye it. my sister and nephew in Oregon, my older brother and his wife in colorado, my little brother and his wife in lakehavasu AZ. we all like to have a well cared for XP computer. only if it was a laptop ;D
Sharon sham1313

I really liked Vista, but I love Seven! :D
I use both 32bit and 64bit which work perfectly and smooth!
Also had just good experiences with Vista, but with Seven its even better!

I'm happy that I installed the Betas and RC of Microsofts new OS. :)

My Vista system is barely 3 months old and I am reluctant to update it to Windows 7 as I still have so much to learn on Vista but I hope there will be an update to Seven when it becomes available in 2010.

I wish I could sell the old XP Home system but nobody wants XP anymore around here.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 09:43:22 PM »
I think you find around here laptop with Vista is easy most common choice for personal. I advise this as good option. Laptop with Vista will often be no deposit pay over time.

Vista is probably Windows best foray into graphic interface since Windows 3.1/95/98SE winning run, though many disagree until they actually buy and master Vista.

If you have Vista 32bit and clutter your desktop (like download and run from desktop instead of, say, Program Files) and bloat out your Start Menu | Programs | Startup then your computer is gonna crawl.

Usual buy Vista with one year paid antivirus - Norton, Trend Micro, etc... Must do something when sub runs out at years end but many users delay because they still paying off terms and not willing to shell out any more cash. Very common situation round here.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 09:49:35 PM »
Windows Vista and 7 are same its because the 7 is no a ram eater and i can say this im not really seeing a big thing but i can say Vista and 7 are both good. I just wait until the Windows 7 is out for see if its better than Vista so if it is then i will switch :). For the moment i use Vista. But i gived my vote to Windows 7 if i was having 2 choices i would say Vista also :)

Mr.Agent

sham1313

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »
     I see I am not the only one having trouble with vista and playing games. I mostly only do 2 games puzzle games but a lot of time in the middle of the game it will just have to close. I will say that is a strike  against vista.  :)

And 2010 is coming in July  ;D

Don't think i'll be getting it though. I'm guessing it's gonna be like $800+ on release.

I used to hate vista and wanted to go to XP. But i'm getting used to it. I just hate the fact that nearly most games are incompatible. I would like Windows 7 for the speed, But I looked at pictures and the interface was ugly  :'( and theres compatibility issues again.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »
I use "Windows Vista Game" now.

Image:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:17:27 PM by Donovansrb10 »

sham1313

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »
sense I am writing some times in this topic maybe some one can explane what is an OS and how is it used? it maybe a dum question but if I knew I know things would make a lot more sense. {smile}

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 11:29:39 PM »
I created Windows Vista Game! :)
--------------------------------------
I don't know eather, all I know is that its a application that downloads data to a computer to make it funtion...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:32:46 PM by Donovansrb10 »

sham1313

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2009, 12:56:35 AM »
Thanks I at least know more then what I did before you told me.  :)
Sharon sham1313

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2009, 01:30:20 AM »
OS= Operating System. (ie, XP, Vista, Linux, etc.)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2009, 01:39:47 AM »
comment sense should have told be this. it should have dawn on me when I am talking on the phone with a hp teg and they say what OS am I using and I say how do I fine that out and they would say you should know if it is running windows vista and I would say yes I am using windows vista. {smile}

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 03:53:51 AM »
Nobody likes Windows 2K... Why is that?

Dijidog

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 04:19:43 AM »
Windows 98  :o

I played the most games on it and it was the O.S. on which I learned about computers.

Of course i currently use vista and xp on my laptops !