Author Topic: avast causing user logoff  (Read 6359 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast causing user logoff
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 01:29:54 AM »
<snip>
oh.. and i DID run those programs in the order you said to.  i had mbam remove everything it found, then i did the avast scan. i too, noticed avast found stuff mbam should have removed.  weird..  oh well.

DavidR, i want to thank you for all your help. although im calling it quits on this issue, ive been extremely greatful to have an expert such as yourself stick with me here and try to help me out.  you take care. ill see you around these forums!

You're welcome.

Yes there comes a point when you would be quicker starting from from scratch as I feel that system was seriously compromised.

It isn't too unusual to have avast find things MBAM didn't and vice versa, which is why a multi application approach to defence is better (provided the programs don't conflict, these ones shouldn't) as no single program is going to give 100% protection.

The fact that they kept coming back indicates another element hidden (rootkit) or undetected (strange with multiple application scans) restoring or re-downloading them and a firewall with outbound protection is essential (if they didn't have one).

Good luck.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mr.Agent

Re: avast causing user logoff
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 01:40:13 PM »
Well having Avast! and MBAM is like a combo. I did see many video that Avast! and MBAM was cooperating together and they did cleaned all malwares for sure.