Author Topic: 3 providers running  (Read 3433 times)

Cracovian

3 providers running
« on: May 16, 2004, 08:45:02 AM »
When I open a new session, I put the mouse on the Avast! bowl. Most of the time, a short message appears: "5 providers, 4 running" (or something like that, I have Avast! in French).

From time to time, there are only « 4 services, 3 en exécution) » (4 providers, 3 running). Then, I know Avast! will not work properly : it will allow any incoming mail, virus-free or not. I have to restart my PC. :(.

Is there any other way?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:3 providers running
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 07:45:42 PM »
From time to time, there are only « 4 services, 3 en exécution) » (4 providers, 3 running). Then, I know Avast! will not work properly : it will allow any incoming mail, virus-free or not. I have to restart my PC. :(.
Is there any other way?

You can change the installed providers at Control Panel > Add/Remove applet > avast antivirus > Remove ... choose 'Change' in the new window that pop up and check the desired providers.

If you open avast settings you can check all the 'Confirmations' (i.e., bring back avast to the default confirmations settings) and choose 'keep' the behavior after you change the provider state. In other words, you may be able to choose if you want the provider is 'off' or 'on' on next boot. That should work I hope.
The best things in life are free.

Cracovian

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 11:02:59 AM »

You can change the installed providers at Control Panel > Add/Remove applet > avast antivirus > Remove ... choose 'Change' in the new window that pop up and check the desired providers.
If you open avast settings you can check all the 'Confirmations' (i.e., bring back avast to the default confirmations settings) and choose 'keep' the behavior after you change the provider state. In other words, you may be able to choose if you want the provider is 'off' or 'on' on next boot. That should work I hope.

I followed this sound advice and, till now, it does work. :)

Thank you !

PS: I have to leave for more than 3 weeks. Hope that it sitll will work...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 04:13:59 PM »
Hope that it still will work...

Me too  ;D
Just joking, it should work fine.
Wellcome to forums  8)
The best things in life are free.