Author Topic: 1ac66ae.sys identified as rootkit, but Avast couldn't remove it  (Read 2256 times)

instago

Hey guys,

I recently cleaned up my system thanks to oldman960 over at the SpyWare BeWare! forums, and he suggested that I let you guys know about this. Avast identified 1ac66ae.sys as a rootkit, but was unable to remove it, even during a boottime scan. We eventually killed it using Avenger, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, here's a detailed forum post including logs from various scanners of all that happened. If you need some guidance as to where something is, like a certain scanner's log, let me know, and I'll be glad to direct you.

Keep up the great work with Avast!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:13:46 PM by instago »

Mr.Agent

Re: 1ac66ae.sys identified as rootkit, but Avast couldn't remove it
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 09:21:16 PM »
We eventually killed it

Good to hear this and im sure ALWIL is happy that his boot time scan has done the job.

Im sure we are all happy to hear a good new and from me you deserve my respect.

Thank you and have a good day.

using Avenger

Is this a another scanner or if im wrong ?

PS : If you wanna be sure its removed then you can alway move it to the chest when you will have another virus. Its seem to be more safe and more good.

Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:29:40 PM by Mr.Agent »

instago

Re: 1ac66ae.sys identified as rootkit, but Avast couldn't remove it
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
Hey Mr.Agent,

You seem to have misunderstood me. Avast was unable to delete the file through a boottime scan. I had to use Avenger v2 with specialized instructions to deal with it.

Thanks. :)