Author Topic: Viruses Found - but not listed in Scan Results Window  (Read 4817 times)

Mellie_MacUser

Viruses Found - but not listed in Scan Results Window
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »
I am new to Avast and have recently had a scan go through and now its says 5 viruses found, however they are not listed in the scan results window - so I cannot action them and virus chest them....where would they be?!
I have rerun the scan and it says the same thing everytime - am I doing something wrong?!

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Viruses Found - but not listed in Scan Results Window
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:46:59 AM »
I am new to Avast and have recently had a scan go through and now its says 5 viruses found, however they are not listed in the scan results window - so I cannot action them and virus chest them....where would they be?!
I have rerun the scan and it says the same thing everytime - am I doing something wrong?!

Hallo, this is really strange - normally, both viruses (in cyan) and warning (in red) are shown - see Preferences. could you locate the virus, at leat roughly (in which part of your hdd it is)? then ,try to run narrower scan, just above this particular location. in the icon in your dock, is the infection counted as well, or not?

regards
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)