Author Topic: Move to chest: Error 0xC000007F {An operation failed because the disk was full.}  (Read 11281 times)

dda

How can I solve this problem found in the avast report :
File F:\System Volume Information\_restore{493B8C27-B0FB-44CB-9B3B-4FE74200A0B3}\RP965\A0100555.exe\%TEMP%\h2o.exe is infected by Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}, Move to chest: Error 0xC000007F {An operation failed because the disk was full.}

The disk is not full at all ! Neither F: neither C: . Hundreds of gigs available.
Avast has probably a problem because those files are not located in the usual C:\ tree ?
But I can't access F:\System Volume Information\... manualy to delete those files.

Can someone let me know how I can delete this kind of file ? I have exactly 10 lines like that one in the report.

Thanks.

Regards,

DDA

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
This file belongs to Windows Restore feature. You can delete the old restore points and keep just a new clean one.
Probably the file is too big to the Chest (not enough space). You can increase the Chest size into the avast settings but, also, I won't worry about that particular file.
You can also schedule a boot time scanning and delete the file.
The best things in life are free.

dda

The report comes from a boot time scanning which is unable to move it to the chest.

How do I delete old restore points (without awakening the beast) and how do I force a new clean one ?

or

I can try to increase the chest but how can I ask avast to just scan that file again or the 10 others I have and not the whole F: again ? Can I ask avast to delete those files also ?

Regards,

DDA

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Disable System Restore on Windows ME, XP or Vista. System Restore is not available in Windows 9x and 2k. After disabling you can enable it again.

Disabling and enabling will delete all points (and files).
There you can create a new restore point manually.

dda

Thanks.

DDA

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks.

DDA
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)

KKen

I have the same error message.  I tried the RESTORE point idea but it didn't work.
I also uninstalled avast and installed still getting error

Regular scans work.

Help

Ken

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
you did restart the machine after you turned it off, then turn on again?