Author Topic: Whith the pro version installed on domain workstation - BIG issues  (Read 1765 times)

REDACTED

>:( >:( >:( We have installed the pro version of the virus software suite on our workstations. The install was done as a domain administrator. When users login that are not local domain admins it propts again for the licience information. Since the user is not an admin nor has install privileges the virus software will not take the key. It did work when logged on with a local admin account.

Right now all users have to be in the local admin group for the software to function properly. We can not have users ith admin privileges. Any help out here? ( Avast support does not respond to tickets on this or any other I have opened

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Whith the pro version installed on domain workstation - BIG issues
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:42:09 PM »
Did you insert the license key during the installation (i.e. as an Administrator)?
Do you have any special restrictions set (e.g. preventing the ordinary users to read certain parts of registry)?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Whith the pro version installed on domain workstation - BIG issues
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:29:18 AM »
Avast support does not respond to tickets on this or any other I have opened
Sorry the off topic avast team, but can you tell us what is happening with email support? By IM if you want... thanks.
The best things in life are free.