Author Topic: Delaying the loading of avast! services after other system services  (Read 4698 times)

crow

Hi
Question: Does the delaying function of the  of avast! loading after other system services affects or degrades any of Avast functions?
Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Delaying the loading of avast! services after other system services
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:23:12 AM »
Other than when it starts no, the delay is measured in fractions of a second I would think as it only waits for windows system services.

I don't know why you would want to do this (or ask unless it is your intention to try it) as you want avast to start as soon as possible ?

Since that option is in the troubleshooting section, that is its purpose to be used if you are experiencing specific problems and you haven't mentioned anything.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:45:58 AM »
We can say that you can delay avast loading without degrading the protection.
The best things in life are free.

crow

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 08:42:27 AM »
We can say that you can delay avast loading without degrading the protection.
What about the boot scan and the rootkit scan done in the boot process?aren`t these delayed or skipped ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
The boot-time scan doesn't happen in a conventional windows boot, so any resident scanning starts as soon as avast starts and as I said that delayed start is in fractions of a second, so anything would be minimal.

The rootkit scan doesn't happen on boot, but 8 minutes 'after' boot as if this happens to early you might not have any rootkit active to detect.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security