Author Topic: i have a proposition  (Read 3107 times)

Drakkar

i have a proposition
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »
Hello all,i made two viruses and im willing to give the source code to avast! so they can add them easily to their database with one little condition,that they add them to the database with their correct name X3 i mean,i have seen the name of many viruses vary from their real programmed name,and well,i kinda would like to be kept in the history of avast! database

thanks for your time and i hope an answer soon

Drakkar

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: i have a proposition
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:49:57 AM »
Well... a voice from the dark side ;D
We generally fight against virus creators... but, anyway, as you've started to dialog, hope they listen you.
By the way, what the virus do?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:45:15 AM »
I somehow doubt that you will get any response in fact I think this topic should be deleted and I have reported it as such.

I as an avast users see no reason to give an kudos to a malware writer to get their nick or otherwise into signatures databases as that would only serve to have more try to do the same kind of blackmail, thanks but no thanks.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mr.Agent

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 02:08:06 AM »
If u wanna help us you can do it for free its already they give you the home version so yeah why no ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
This is why, sometimes, people hoax that antivirus companies release their own virus just to sell their products... Maybe this is the reason why the antivirus companies, the serious ones, won't even talk to virus makers ;)
The best things in life are free.

Drakkar

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 10:41:37 PM »
thanks for your answers! =D
my virus were designed in Visual Basic,and were designed to annoy people,they don't steal passwords or destroy computers,they are quite simple as well,i will also reply to the question about what my viruses do

one of them opens when the computer logs on (uses registry run keys) and pops up a message wich when clicked runs a batch file it creates that runs iexplore about 40 times,the popup message and running the .bat file are inside an endless do...loop. also it disables Regedit, Task Manager, and Folder options via registry

the other one is named after a videogame character from Kirby Superstar (SNES) Dynablade,wich modifies some shell keys so when someone tries to open a folder the virus is ran instead,it also changes your wallpaper for one of the character and it also spreads by external drives (F:, E: and G: only) using autorun.inf files it also restrics the policy key things

thanks for listening and what i need now then is some mail address to send them =3

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 10:47:38 PM »
Hi Drakkar,

You just missed the right topic here, there is where you can post your malcreations:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=45713.0

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!