Author Topic: Error in Repairing  (Read 11358 times)

aerialrave

Re: Error in Repairing
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 11:03:55 AM »
NVM = NeVerMind

I have another question, Regarding the avast! Tray scanner at lower right side of my desktop. I got an error the GPU error. I can't read that error exactly because I accidentally close it due to nervous. :c the tray avast scanner icon was gone after that.

I restart my pc thru button restart in CPU then It's back. What's the problem about this one?

My Avast! Home edition is already up to date. I wonder why my VRDB hasn't updated yet. but the Program is up to date. I set VRDB update to automatic mode. But I update it manually. And it says that it's up to date.

Does this avast! tray icon scanner can last until I decide to turn off my PC?

How about this one?;
That upgrade one, =/[

And one more question, avast blue tray scanner at lower right side don't spin when you don't use your PC right? Example for process and etc.

I'm sorry. I didn't use avast! For a long time. The last time i use it is when I was 10 y/o

And for the Outlook/Exchange it says that "The provider is waiting for a subsystem"
is that normal? I'm asking this because of what happen to my avast home ed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:18:18 PM by aerialrave »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
A GPU error is to do with graphics processing. Without knowing more it's impossible to say what might have caused it, but the likely scenario is that the display of Avast was missing, but the other processes were still working.

When you restart, all is back to normal, therefore probably no need to be concerned. The "blue ball" should remain in the system tray as long as Avast is installed. If this happens again, note the full error message and post back.

My Avast! Home edition is already up to date. I wonder why my VRDB hasn't updated yet. but the Program is up to date. I set VRDB update to automatic mode. But I update it manually. And it says that it's up to date.

Thought I might have answered this here.

The upgrade banner is a recent push by Alwil to promote the Pro version of the AV. The Pro version has a few more features than the Home version. Comparison chart. Up to you if you want to do this.

The Avast icon (blue ball) will spin (if it is set to, by default it is on) whenever a file is being scanned. So when the pc is not being used for anything...downloading or running applications, it will remain still.

Regarding the subsystem, that means that if you are not using Microsoft Outlook (not to be confused with Outlook Express: both are email programs) the provider is available, but has nothing to do as the program it is designed to protect is not running. If you don't use MS Outlook, you might as well terminate that provider.

All clear?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

aerialrave

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
Yes, All clear. That means I don't have to worry. Thanks to you. You can now close this thread sir. ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:25:29 PM by aerialrave »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »
The one thing I would suggest in your image, you will see a button called Details... >>, click that and it expands the window to show a 'Detailed' view of all of the individual avast Shields (Providers)
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security