Author Topic: Can someone please check my HijackThis log file  (Read 13831 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Can someone please check my HijackThis log file
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2004, 04:04:05 PM »
thank you cojo, I do not have an NVIDIA card so i dont have those thats why they worried me.
In my self proclaimed "super computer" I have a ATI radeon 9800 PRO graphocs card

Same with me... but I do have NVIDIA network card inside my baby... check all your components and then, maybe it's something else by NVIDIA, not graphic card...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 04:04:23 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

CharleyO

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 02:34:24 AM »

I have an nVidia video card. CoJo gave a very good explaination of those entries!    :D  

WTG, CoJo!    ;D  

CoJo

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2004, 02:53:49 AM »

I have an nVidia video card. CoJo gave a very good explaination of those entries!    :D  

WTG, CoJo!    ;D  

why, thank you!!  :)
sigh, of course it was just finding the right site and explanations that I could understand ;D
but I do appreciate it!

cojo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 03:56:04 AM »
thank you cojo, I do not have an NVIDIA card so i dont have those thats why they worried me.

Cojo,

In reading the forums, there are posts about updating Windows...what if the updates are for things I don't use? One that is available has something to do with wireless stuff and I don't use anything like that...

I think it won't harm your system. I installed all available updates. Maybe the update engine is 'detecting' some hidden hardware that could allow wireless connection even that you really do not use it right now.

The other question is...there is one critical update for the nvidia drivers and, frankly, I am afraid to download it. Before my reformat, that was the last update I had installed and my system was really acting strange afterwards. It was what finally made me decide on reformatting. What is your advice, Technical?

For me, NVIDIA drivers never bring trouble. But you can take 2 ways:

1) Buying the excellent program called Norton GoBack from Symantec. It's perfect to revert all your disks to a prior condition (an earlier stable state). Then you can install the drivers (or anything you want in the future) and if something goes wrong you will be able to come back 15 minutes, 20 minutes... days ago when the system were ok.

2) Cheaper one: use programs to backup your drivers (like Driver Manager 1.0 or WinDriversBackup 1.0). Install the update of NVIDIA and, if something goes wrong, revert your drive (in Windows XP there is a feature to roll back drivers installation). It's not the most secure way to go.
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 04:36:05 AM »

Also, nVidia makes chipsets for motherboards. So, make sure that your MB doesn't have those before you go deleting something that maybe you shouldn't.    :)