Author Topic: Some Web Apps Not working with avast professional  (Read 2494 times)

kleinr613

Some Web Apps Not working with avast professional
« on: June 01, 2009, 01:54:05 AM »
I have been  using avast home for several months without any problems, but recently tried to upgrade to 4.8 professional; I had to uninstall it because several web based apps (at least some of which appear to be java based) would not work -- clicking on the the link did not work (e.g. could not open emails in MS email web access, although could log on.)  Google mail, though, appeared to work fine.  The problem appears to be specific to using IE (we have v6);  I do not see the problem with firefox.  Any ideas would be most appreciated.

onlysomeone

Re: Some Web Apps Not working with avast professional
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
Hi kleinr613!

Which is your operating system?

Do you use any other security software? (firewall, antispyware, antivirus,...)

Which antivirus did you use previously and how did you remove it?

yours
onlysomeone

kleinr613

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »
Hi kleinr613!

Which is your operating system? Windows XP

Do you use any other security software? (firewall, antispyware, antivirus,...) -- XP firewall;  windows defender;

Which antivirus did you use previously and how did you remove it? -- Network Associates Antivirus (disabled it).

Please note that I have removed avast from my system in order to 'solve' my problem.  so now i have enabled Network Associates Antivirus.

yours
onlysomeone

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:30:10 PM »
-= Network Associates Antivirus, was it Mcafee..?

-= IE only..? The Script Blocker must have probably been messing up the page.. I do have those problems too before & it was suddenly gone after turning off script blocker [trial version of PRO].. Don't know what's causing it, though..

-= By the way, if you don't want to use avast anymore.. You may use avast removal tool in order to remove the remnants..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:46:37 AM »
Disable in NEVER enough. The two antivirus will conflict.

This article provides the steps to remove SecurityCenter from your computer.
http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=71525
Also for direct download: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/VSCleanupTool.exe
and http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe (2007)

Sometimes, McAfee won't be completely removed if, before, you do not uninstall Avast, including the use of its "Uninstall Application" if necessary (www.avast.com/eng/faq-install-uninstall-avast.html).
The best things in life are free.