Author Topic: Avast self-defense Module  (Read 2381 times)

Jettisawn

Avast self-defense Module
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:34:39 AM »
Yeah I was having trouble updating my database and my avast program through Avast Updater. I found it was the program's self-defense module preventing me from updating them. Once I had disabled it, the program updated just fine.

It had been awhile since I had updated but I thought I would pass on my experience in some hopes this gets addressed if it hasn't been.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:48:29 AM by Jettisawn »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast self-defense Module
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:31:51 AM »
Wrong the self-defence module doesn't stop you from using either the auto update or manula updates from within the program.

Mine and millions of others updates without having to disable the self-defence module. If that were the case this forum would be lit up like a Christmas tree, it would be totally unworkable if you had to disable the self-defence to be able to update the VPS or Program elements.

So this I would say is coincidental or there is something else in the mix.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast self-defense Module
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 11:27:44 AM »
Most often, firewalls are the one which prevent antiviruses from updating correctly.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog