Author Topic: How to upgarde from avast free 6 to interet security ?  (Read 2765 times)

mj2000

How to upgarde from avast free 6 to interet security ?
« on: November 26, 2011, 08:25:14 AM »
Hi all.

Is inserting a liscece key of avast internet security into avast free enough or a program update should be performed after that ?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: How to upgarde from avast free 6 to interet security ?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »
Download AIS first and save then uninstall the free version and reboot, install AIS and insert the lisence.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
Well, insert the license file (not key) is enough to instruct the program to upgrade itself.
Carigb posted what would be an installation from scratch.
The best things in life are free.

mj2000

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:57:50 AM »
Well, insert the license file (not key) is enough to instruct the program to upgrade itself.
I have done this, and it has been converted to interent security, but the sections firewall and anti spam are athough present, but not activated. when i click on start firewall, an alert dispalys and says : firewall is not avaiable due unknown reason.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »
I have done this, and it has been converted to interent security, but the sections firewall and anti spam are athough present, but not activated. when i click on start firewall, an alert dispalys and says : firewall is not avaiable due unknown reason.
Thats why i mentioned uninstalling the free version first and then reinstall AIS clean as it can alleviate some problems.

Also make sure that any other av's and firewalls have been removed via remove programs then reboot and run the correct uninstall tools http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:06:14 PM by craigb »