Author Topic: "Lost Delayed-Write Data" using Iron (Chrome)  (Read 2676 times)

Darookan

"Lost Delayed-Write Data" using Iron (Chrome)
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:18:47 AM »
Hello folks,

I'm testing chrome/chromium/iron browsers in my network and received a "Lost Delayed-Write Data" (EventID 50 from MRxSmb service, ACCESS_DENIED word) when using the portable version of Iron (http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php).

As i noticed, it occurs when iron tries to write to its cache folder on the network. I'm the only user with full rights to write to that folder, and I already checked all my routers and server, and everything was fine.

Only when i disabled avast (lastest ver 4.8.1335) the messages stopped and the cache could be written. If i enable avast, i got the message again. I dont have "network" nor "internet" protection active, since it used to mess with my management systems (Dell).

Is there a fix for it? Or a workaround?

If you need more info, please ask.

TiA.

:)

Darookan

Re: "Lost Delayed-Write Data" using Iron (Chrome)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
Anyone?

:)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 02:44:00 AM »
Darookan, I use Iron too, but I never get such a message.
Which is MRxSmb service?
The best things in life are free.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:29:42 AM »
This may help Tech or whoever will be posting a reply. I'm just passing through.
Obviously some tweaking will be needed within network settings (Network, avast, Iron) to enable Iron to achieve functionality Darookan wishes it to have. My first guess would be Windows rules and policies not avast. But...?

Event ID 50
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816004

MrxSmb
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978460.aspx

Have you been here yet Darookan?
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

I'm not familiar with Iron yet but I thought that that it might still be in Beta.
Someone should reply soon. Regards.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:46:46 AM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »
Hi Darookin.

I would have thought that Windows setting rules and policies was actual not interfering with the running of avast and the network connections were in place across all the terminals. Every thing was fine across routers and server you say. Its server 2000, I imagine, and Dell. It seems with avast was running as per norm. I say this because I have found that avast works in well with Windows. XP at least, which is what I use. I have read about avast across a network but have not done it. Others here will have.

You know more your distribution than me. There may be something in Chrome that needs to be tweaked so that it fits in with  existing network,  and perhaps Windows would have to write permissions.

This from search keyord ‘cache ‘at the Chrome Forum. May not be a big issue at all. Plus, important to maintain protections. And you should not have you antivirus disabled, regardless.

Set Cache Limit
Hi,

How can I set a cache limit?

Thanks
von rdsu

Re: how to open "about:config"?
... 2. about:plugins - the list of plug-ins that are available in Google Chrome: Shockwave Flash, RealPlayer etc. 3. about:cache - a list of all the web pages cached by Google Chrome. The browser doesn't have an option to limit the cache's size, so it's recommended to regularly ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:48:19 PM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.