Author Topic: ODBC Drivers?  (Read 7296 times)

mlitty

ODBC Drivers?
« on: February 07, 2003, 08:54:52 PM »
I recently had some OS problems with Win98SE and had to reinstall the whole system, including re-downloading and installing Avast4.  It used to work well as far as I know, but on install this time it tells me,

You don't have the ODBC drivers installed, or they are corrupted.  You can download them at http://www.asw.cz

At first I thought this is a problem with the way I reinstalled Win98, but I am unsure having seen that the drivers should be downloadable at the Avast web site.  On the other hand, I can't find any mention of them at the site.

I reinstalled Avast32 with no problem, but want to use 4.  The rest of the avast4 install goes smoothly and seems to run even after the ODRC warning.

my question is what is the warning?  does it effect the function of avast4?  and how do I fix it?

Thank you.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
Re:ODBC Drivers?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 10:50:33 PM »
Warning you are talking about means that there is not installed ODBC or MS Jet drivers on your computer. These components are used by default but avast! can work without them.
If you are using Home Edition of avast! there is no difference between avast! using and not using ODBC.