Author Topic: Spam filtering  (Read 6687 times)

ASaucci

Spam filtering
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:45:36 PM »
          Why does Avast! not have any sort of spam filtering included or at least an extra-cost add-on to do this? It is hard to sell Avast! to my clients with mail servers when they have to buy something additional from another vendor to filter spam. Trend Micro not only includes an excellent spam filter with its Worry-Free Business Security product but also includes a hosted spam filtering service as well. I don't want all my clients on Trend Micro, though. After I read that CA put out a virus update that blue-screened servers, I decided a while back that I didn't want all my clients running the same thing, so they all don't crash the same day. I like Avast! but this one point is starting to be a real problem, and most of my clients have their own Exchange server.

Meanwhile, what do network administrators use to filter spam on Exchange servers running Avast!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Spam filtering
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
avast! 5 will contain an anti-spam module. However, when the Server Edition of avast! 5 is released... I really have no idea.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:30:26 PM »
avast! 5 will contain an anti-spam module. However, when the Server Edition of avast! 5 is released... I really have no idea.

Will it work with any email client? Outlook?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 10:33:29 PM »
Honestly, I don't know much about it (also, don't know if it's gonna be part of the antivirus, or just the suite - I would guess the later).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »
Honestly, I don't know much about it (also, don't know if it's gonna be part of the antivirus, or just the suite - I would guess the later).
I will think the same. Thanks Igor.
The best things in life are free.