Author Topic: Script Blocker mystery  (Read 71170 times)

dude2

Re: Script Blocker mystery
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2009, 03:53:46 AM »
Hi dude,

Igor and Lukor are busy with critical work for the good of all Avast users. They have devoted considerable time and effort in considering your questions (as have others).

The debate must have held some interest to have continued so long and in such detail; however it is now, I believe, the almost unanimous opinion that this thread should be "physically" closed.

My regards
Hi Mike,

As an Avast! Home user myself, I don't know how to slight the importance of this set of questions as stated in Reply#115(http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=45438.msg386059#msg386059), to understand the functions of Web Shield and the role of Avast! PRO's Script Blocker. If this mystery is so fundamental, shouldn't this be taken care of seriously if not timely due to workload?

regards,

Dan

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2009, 06:38:56 AM »
Can we get over with this dead horse thing? After my test results are posted, some of my questions are very much alive. Doesn't matter if the mystery itself one day will come to a conclusion, let's handle this without prejudice.

There is not a mystery only the one you create in your mind, you questions had been answered lot of times and you continue doing the same questions in diferent ways.
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

dude2

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2009, 07:00:07 AM »
I haven't found a way to test the extra layers of protection provided by Avast! Home's Web Shield or Avast! PRO Script Blocker.

If anyone has already answered this question, please show me the reply#.

dude2

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:07 AM »
With that many negative comments on my questions, at one time I thought I might have overlooked the already provided answers. But, now it seems that no one can provide a Reply#, in which my questions are answered:
"I can hardly evaluate the risk of not having Script Blocker and simply using Avast Home 4.8."
, or:
"I haven't found a way to test the extra layers of protection provided by Avast! Home's Web Shield or Avast! PRO Script Blocker."

I agree this question has been asked many times in different ways, but no answer yet has cleared the doubt EMPIRICALLY. Some answers even contradicted with one another. Still all your helps are appreciated, especially those from Igor, calcu007, and lukor. But I do not consider this mystery resolved. As to those despicable and baseless personal attacks, and I hope all charges come with a proof with strengthened and unbiased moderation in place in the future.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:12:50 AM by dude2 »