Author Topic: Beta -> Registered Version  (Read 11656 times)

raicio

Beta -> Registered Version
« on: May 19, 2004, 11:18:44 AM »
As you might have guessed i am testing the beta across my network. Will it be possible to update to a commercial licence once the beta period is over?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Beta -> Registered Version
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 02:03:21 PM »
Absolutely.

Well, at least in the case of workstations (the "agents", i.e. the avast's on the individual computers).

In case of the AMS and/or the consoles, you may need to reinstall due to changes in DB structure but that should be fairly easy.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

raicio

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 03:22:25 PM »
cool! thanx! :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 04:41:12 PM »
BTW we even plan to provide update paths for avast! Professional -> avast! NetClient.

raicio

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 04:48:29 PM »
this is quite cool! i had boutgh i think 5 licences for testing :)

gprzybyl

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 11:16:45 PM »
BTW we even plan to provide update paths for avast! Professional -> avast! NetClient.

Is this just going to be an automatic update for installed Professional clients or will clients have to be redeployed?  I assume from this statement that adnm is not going to administer the professional version?  Will there be a cost difference between the Pro version and the netclient version?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 09:39:54 AM »
Is this just going to be an automatic update for installed Professional clients or will clients have to be redeployed?

Semi-automatic. You'll have to replace one file in the Pro's installation folder. It will then update to the netclient.

I assume from this statement that adnm is not going to administer the professional version?

Well roughly netclient = pro+agent. Without the agent, it won't work obviously... so - yes, you need the netclient.

Will there be a cost difference between the Pro version and the netclient version?

No. ADNM will be "complimentary" (of course, provided you have the apropriate number of Pro/Server Edition licenses)...

Hope this helps,
Vlk