Author Topic: Avast! Default Action after Scan ???  (Read 6539 times)

Caffeinated_Chaos

Avast! Default Action after Scan ???
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
I had a problem based on my own stupidity that made me have to kill Avast! just after it displayed my scan results.  I had the only option of "right-click to choose what to do" thing there and I did absolutely nothing to any of the hundreds of files.  None of them were ID'd however, as OK or virus or anything, just listed.  I did a reboot and now I somehow have lost 8.7 random GB of data.  Does Avast! delete those files, on it's own, without confirmation or my permission???  Any help would be great, thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast! Default Action after Scan ???
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:52:10 PM »
avast shouldn't delete anything automatically (specially in the home, free version, without automated actions).
Can you open avast and check if any of them are into the avast Chest?
8,7 Gb is too much for default avast Chest... If you click delete button, then we could have a problem to recover...
The best things in life are free.

Caffeinated_Chaos

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:05:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads up...no, I never told it to delete anything.  And I have 2 .mp3 files in the chest and the whole chest contents totals at less than 15mb...but thanks for the help, so long as this prog. doesn't randomly assassinate my files..heh, I'm good :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:13:46 PM »
These are files that avast can't scan, it should also give the reason why they can't be scanned.

See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35347.msg297170#msg297170 this topic for more information on why files can't be scanned.

Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security