Author Topic: Scan results  (Read 3595 times)

alicez

Scan results
« on: June 14, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »
Ran a scan tonight (on my Win98 notebook) and when it was finished there was a pop-up screen with two items listed. I did not know what to do and so I just closed the box. I looked in the Menu and saw the following:
===============================
Name of File:
C:\Windows\Application Data\...\Related HTM
(Application Data\Spybot - Search and Destroy\Recovery\AlexaRelated.zip\Related.HTM (E) Archive is password protected.

Result:
Unable to scan: Archive is Password

Name of File:
C:\Windows\Application Data\...\sbRecovery ini
(Application Data\Spybot - Search and Destroy\Recovery\AlexaRelated.zip\sbRecovery.ini(E) Archive is password protected.

Result:
Unable to scan: Archive is Password
=====================================
#1- Does anyone know what I should do when I run scan next time and see these two items?\
#2- After I closed Avast, I opened it again to look at the scan log, but I could not see the "Last Scan Results" OR "View Scan Reports:"
Why not? Are they erased when program is closed?
#3- How can I tell if I will be notified when someone answers this post (after thread has been posted)? I don't see anything about 'subscriptions,' etc.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:51:47 AM by alicez »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Scan results
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:02:19 AM »
#1. Yes, nothing, avast doesn't know the password, nor do you.

#2. The home version doesn't retain any scan ingormation after you close the Simple User Interface, this is only in the Pro version.

# 1 (cont). See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35347.msg297170#msg297170 this topic for more information on why files can't be scanned.

Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

alicez

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:07:04 AM »
Thank you.

So I can just 'disregard' those two files that are always found after a scan?
(Forgive the seemingly 'silly' questions, but I am not familiary with computers, etc., all that much.)

Can you (or someone else) answer my #3 about how I can see if I will be notified when someone responds to a thread I posted?

Thanks again, Alice

Rick F

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 04:49:02 AM »

Can you (or someone else) answer my #3 about how I can see if I will be notified when someone responds to a thread I posted?

Thanks again, Alice

• Near the top of the page in the blue area, click on 'PROFILE'.
  • Then on the left side under 'Modify Profile' click on 'Notifications and Email'.
    • Then tick "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic."

CharleyO

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:15:00 AM »

Question #3 -

OR, at the bottom right of this page or and thread page, you will see a button named Notify. Clicking this button will give you notifications of this thread in particular.

A box will open asking you ... Are you sure you wish to enable notification of new replies for this topic? ... and clicking on OK will complete the notification process.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:16:53 AM by CharleyO »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:59:24 PM »
Thank you.

So I can just 'disregard' those two files that are always found after a scan?
(Forgive the seemingly 'silly' questions, but I am not familiary with computers, etc., all that much.)

You're welcome, yes you can ignore them.

Besides what has already been said by the others, I believe this option 'is' enabled by default so you should be notified of a reply in a topic, if you  created it or contributed to it. So that would have been sent to your email address that you registered for the forums with. You need to check that email address, if you or your ISP/email provider use anti-spam filtering and if so allow both asw.cz (this I believe is the one used for notifications) and avast.com domains.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

alicez

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.