Author Topic: Avast Dont detect most of the viruses...i am worried using AVAST is safe or not  (Read 9464 times)

Mr.Agent

If you are not sure about the files you can alway scan it on virustotal.com

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Hi Aditya

When test pendrive with Avast  and Malware bytes, no virus found. When I tested a suspected file <<hxtp://rapidshare.com/files/245260366/patch_5.1_IDM.exe>>  in http://virusscan.jotti.org I got the below result. I know its a patch.

Please edit the link to suspected file. As it currently stands http the url is or may become an active link to malware infection for any who come to the forum.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Aditya

Hi Mr.Agent,

Thanks for clear explanation. I am very clear now :). Sorry if my earlier statement disappointed you.
But This its crystel clear. :D.

Yes I too feel AVAST is gud, thats what I mentioned in my first post. But its frustrating if it failes on smaller things.

I use AVAST+MBM(not resident) + MS firewall. I don't load others which may slow down the system.

But its ok as I am not using that crack.  But my friend uses few and I advised him to use AVAST. Now its his luck to get affected with viruses as he is using cracks.

Once again thnx for explanation.

/Aditya

Mr.Agent

Your Welcome,

MBAM is also a good on demand scanner so with Avast! its look really great so have a happy fighting.

Dont be shy to send some undetected malware to Avast! by open the chest and Add the files and Email To ALWIL Software.

If you are running the Windows XP i would recommand to get a two ways firewall like Comodo,Online Armor,PC Tools,Zone Alarm,Outpost Free..... So if you are running Vista then no need to install these firewall i did say because Windows Vista Firewall is 2 ways.

Also Avast! detection rate is now at 98,7 % on Malware Tests.

By the way can you do what mkis is saying for prevent some other user to be infected by this file.

Thank for this reply you have did.

Have a nice day.

Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:49:37 PM by Mr.Agent »