Author Topic: Icon "i"  (Read 2659 times)

Melotte

Icon "i"
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:58:55 AM »
Greetings to you all,
From time to time, although I checked the option to merge the "i" icon with the "a", the "i" is still swirling then disappears, on and off...
Is there a way to fix that?
Thanks  ???

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Icon "i"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
Hi Melotte, welcome to the forum.

The VRDB will generate a new version every 21 days, by default. During the time it is generating, the icon (animated with moving arrows) will show when the computer is idle. (Or only when the screensaver is running, if that option is selected.)

It can take an hour or more for generation to be completed. After that, you shouldn't see the icon again for another 21 days, unless you manually activate generation.

Does that fit with what you are seeing?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Melotte

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 11:25:01 AM »
Thanks Tarq57, it makes sense.
One can see once again the abyss that separates the highly skilled professional from the merely competent amateur...
Thanks again for this little breathe of fresh air from New Zealand
M

onlysomeone

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:03 AM »
Also welcome to the forum from me, Melotte!

I could imagine that you chose the "generate VRDB when computer is idle" (translation from German --> can have a different name in English).
This would let the icon appear and move sometimes when you don't actively use the PC. :)

onlysomeone

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »
One can see once again the abyss that separates the highly skilled professional from the merely competent amateur...

Highly skilled professional.... yep. That's me, alright.   ;D(Not). (But thank you for saying so. I'm a reasonably competent amateur. That's all.) ;)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.