Author Topic: I NEED SOME HELP  (Read 4777 times)

ejp5475

I NEED SOME HELP
« on: June 16, 2004, 02:21:50 AM »
Hey all, new to the forum but I need some help.  For some reason aVast changed my pop & smtp mail settings to 127.0.0.1.  Now I don't know if my virus program is working or not.  Can anyone tell me how to check this out to find out of it is working?  Appreciate any help you can give me.  Thanks, Jean

CharleyO

Re:I NEED SOME HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 02:55:08 AM »

Jean - Welcome to the forums!    :)  

What you have experience is suppose to happen. This is so that avast! can check your incoming and outgoing email.

If you will use the search feature located at the top of the page and enter email or even 127.0.0.1 , you should get many results that will help you understand why this happens.    :)  

This information should also be found in the Help files included with avast! anti-virus.    ;)  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 03:46:45 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to check this out to find out of it is working?

You can:

1. Add notes to clean email messages (see the Internet Mail provider settings or Outlook/Exchange plugin ones).

2. See an 'extra' icon in your system tray.

3. Right click the email, choose properties and see the details tab. You will see the 'header' of the message. Will be some added lines like these:

X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0422-0, 25/05/2004), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Hope this help  ;)
The best things in life are free.

ejp5475

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 08:50:52 PM »
I really appreciate the replies I've gotten to my cry for help.  The biggest problem I had was it refused to let me send any emails.  Kept telling me that the recipient was not on the acceptable list (something to that effect LOL).  When I contacted my broadband provider to see if it was them, they told me was my antivirus and it probably would not protect me after changing the pop/smtp.  Now I know what to do.  Again, I really appreciate all the replies.  You guys are teaching me a lot.  This forum is great.  

ejp5475

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 08:58:51 PM »
Thanks CharleyO.  Used your suggestions and really helped.  

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 04:42:58 AM »

You are most welcome! Glad to have helped in a small way.    :)  

Please return to the forum often to learn more ... as well as to help others who come here. We all try to help when we can.    ;)  

glfrison

Re:Anybody Out There?
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 06:42:47 AM »
Is there anybody that can give me a phone number or to avast?  I renewed my subscription but I keep getting a message saying that it has expired.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I NEED SOME HELP
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 10:58:05 PM »
Is there anybody that can give me a phone number or to avast?  I renewed my subscription but I keep getting a message saying that it has expired.
Please, post only once... http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=46281.msg388518#msg388518
The best things in life are free.