Author Topic: List of problems i am expiriencing...  (Read 12897 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: List of problems i am expiriencing...
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 07:44:01 PM »
It will generally be in the system32 folder

The windows firewall should be disabled by your new one

shouzu22

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »
it wasnt in the system 32 folder

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »
then use the SEARCH function of windows
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

JoeBlack40

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 10:09:28 PM »
-= AAVM blabla.. is commonly caused by remnants of previous antivirus or a conflicting installlation of another program..
U are a great help..........................................

JoeBlack40

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »
(1) Firewall
       You are using Windows XP Firewall.. XP Firewall does not provide Outbound Protection.. Enhance your protection by installing a firewall with Outbound Protection.. Examples are:

PCTools, Online Armor, Agnitum Outpost [all these are available at download.cnet.com]

(2) Suspicious Entries

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AnvTrgr] "C:\Program Files\AnvTrgrsoftware\AnvTrgr.exe"
              I suggest that you send anvtrgr.exe to VirusTotal and tell us about the findings.. It seems like this can be a form of infection: CA Antivirus Labs

You forget about COMODO FIREWALL.Wich is the best.
      O20 - AppInit_DLLs: sdters.dll
              I suggest that you send sdters.dll to VirusTotal too.. This has been said to be a malware according to PrevX: PrevX

(3) Deactivated Unnecessary Entries That Can Be Fixed

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {3B8FB116-D358-48A3-A5C7-DB84F15CBB04} - hXXp://www.iexplorersecurity.com/redirect.php (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Explorer Security - {3B8FB116-D358-48A3-A5C7-DB84F15CBB04} - htXXp://www.iexplorersecurity.com/redirect.php (file missing)

You forget about Comodo firewall,wich is the best.Period.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:16:09 PM by JoeBlack40 »

Barrie

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »
Hi shouzu22,

I do not use Avast just been trialling it, so can not help but would suggest that you rename HJT to scanner.exe then boot into safe mode. Turn the PC off then reboot and continually keep tapping the F8 key, you should get a menu screen so choose safe mode with networking then run HJT again put a check next to the entries above and fix then run HJT again and post this new log for the Avast techs to look over
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:23:46 PM by Barrie »

spg SCOTT

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »
Barrie,

JoeBlack40 is not asking for help, just moaning at Fenrir, it seems

JoeBlack40,
This is not needed and the solution to the conflict has already been discussed in the thread so no need to repeat it,

I wouldn't recommend Comodo to the avarage user because:

a)care is needed to download the firewall and not the whole suite

b)It is a complicated program to setup, and for the average user, it can be quite daunting for them to use.

-Scott-

shouzu22

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 10:36:31 PM »
so i decided to install the PC tools firewall, and for some reason it doesn't want to run...

and i fixed the stuff i was told to no problem in HJT

Mr.Agent

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »
Well Outpost free one look mush more easy. I had no problem with it just PC Tools didnt wanna run too on my pc test.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 07:17:51 AM »
(1) Firewall
       You are using Windows XP Firewall.. XP Firewall does not provide Outbound Protection.. Enhance your protection by installing a firewall with Outbound Protection.. Examples are:

PCTools, Online Armor, Agnitum Outpost [all these are available at download.cnet.com]

(2) Suspicious Entries

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AnvTrgr] "C:\Program Files\AnvTrgrsoftware\AnvTrgr.exe"
              I suggest that you send anvtrgr.exe to VirusTotal and tell us about the findings.. It seems like this can be a form of infection: CA Antivirus Labs

You forget about COMODO FIREWALL.Wich is the best.
       O20 - AppInit_DLLs: sdters.dll
              I suggest that you send sdters.dll to VirusTotal too.. This has been said to be a malware according to PrevX: PrevX

(3) Deactivated Unnecessary Entries That Can Be Fixed

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {3B8FB116-D358-48A3-A5C7-DB84F15CBB04} - hXXp://www.iexplorersecurity.com/redirect.php (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Explorer Security - {3B8FB116-D358-48A3-A5C7-DB84F15CBB04} - htXXp://www.iexplorersecurity.com/redirect.php (file missing)

You forget about Comodo firewall,wich is the best.Period.

-= COMODO Firewall has a lot of issues when with avast or even with avira.. I always encounter lots of topic in this forum regarding problems in COMODO & avast's tandem..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

JoeBlack40

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 09:26:57 AM »
For me,COMODO firewall with Defence+ and avast! worked just fine...."worked",because now i run another AV,just for test...and seems that indeed,not on all the machines Comodo and avast! get along...i repeat,but for me,no problems at all with this combo.

JoeBlack40

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 09:29:49 AM »
Barrie,

JoeBlack40 is not asking for help, just moaning at Fenrir, it seems

JoeBlack40,
This is not needed and the solution to the conflict has already been discussed in the thread so no need to repeat it,

I wouldn't recommend Comodo to the avarage user because:

a)care is needed to download the firewall and not the whole suite

b)It is a complicated program to setup, and for the average user, it can be quite daunting for them to use.

-Scott-

That depends on the skills of the average user....and yes,i think you're right after all.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 09:35:35 AM »
For me,COMODO firewall with Defence+ and avast! worked just fine...."worked",because now i run another AV,just for test...and seems that indeed,not on all the machines Comodo and avast! get along...i repeat,but for me,no problems at all with this combo.

-= Good for you.. I have issues on my laptop when using COMODO..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

YoKenny

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »
ok so for the second topic i figured out a way to shut Windows Security Center up, its just not gonna tell me when i need to upate. but i think it might have a connection to problems 1 and 3 respectively

Go to Control Panel then Automatic Updates then select at least "Notify me but don't automatically download or install them".

Microsoft releases Critical Updates on Patch Tuesday which is the second Tuesday of the month and you can wait a few days to see if problems have been corrected.

Why I do not use Comodo:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2009/05/23/1693034.aspx
http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2009/05/16/1692519.aspx

Run Secunia Online Software Inspector to see what other applications are vulnerable to infection:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:43:45 AM by YoKenny »