Author Topic: avast! On-access Scanner message  (Read 3695 times)

wouteric

avast! On-access Scanner message
« on: May 20, 2004, 12:47:14 PM »
Hi,

This has probably been answered before, but I'm a new avast! 4.1 user ...

So please help ...

1) How can the "Avast! On-Access Scanner Message" pop-up window be stopped from popping up? Is this possible? It's the only enoying thing I found in this fantastic anti-virus program (and i'm coming from the expensive McAfee Virusscan online ...)??

2) Is it possible to have Avast! select automatically the delete options when a virus is detected in emails (so preventing that window)?

Best regards,
Eric

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:avast! On-access Scanner message
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 01:14:17 PM »
For your email settings, right click the blue ball next to the clock. Choose "on-access" and set the email scanning options as you like.

For the pop-up, check your settings in the menu when you open Avast.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:avast! On-access Scanner message
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 01:55:35 PM »
1) How can the "Avast! On-Access Scanner Message" pop-up window be stopped from popping up? Is this possible? It's the only enoying thing I found in this fantastic anti-virus program (and i'm coming from the expensive McAfee Virusscan online ...)??

Wellcome  ;D
You must uncheck in Standard Shield, Internet Mail and Outlook/Exchange providers the option 'Show detailed information....' on Advanced tab. It was disable by default but you seem to activate it in the past ;D

2) Is it possible to have Avast! select automatically the delete options when a virus is detected in emails (so preventing that window)?

Sorry, only in Professional version this is posible.
In Home version you can set 'Silent mode' and 'No' as the default answer, which means in the providers: send file to Chest.
The best things in life are free.