Author Topic: how do I schedule a scan in the background?  (Read 3909 times)

Funkynassau

how do I schedule a scan in the background?
« on: May 20, 2004, 03:12:17 PM »
Hi,
I am new to Avast as of today.  How do I set it up to do a scan at a certain time that I choose, and run in the background?

On boot up it did a scan which took an awfully long time and I'd like to change this to run in the background.

Thanks
Funkynassau

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:how do I schedule a scan in the background?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 04:58:55 PM »
You must have the Professional Version to schedule scans.

Otherwise you can disable the boot time scan in the settings panel i think
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Funkynassau

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 07:20:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I'll try what you suggest.

Funkynassau

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 08:18:42 PM »
Hi,
I am new to Avast as of today.  How do I set it up to do a scan at a certain time that I choose, and run in the background?

On boot up it did a scan which took an awfully long time and I'd like to change this to run in the background.

Thanks
Funkynassau

Hi Welcome to the forum.

See this post http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=4633 Boot Up Scan, it should help to explain.

HTH - David
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 08:19:50 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 02:22:32 PM »

You can make a link to:
C:\Program Files\...\Avast4\AshQuick.exe "path"

There are some limitations on it - only the Professional version allows scheduling - but it can make what you want.
Anyway, I suggest you run a scan sending it to 'background'. Start avast antivirus and run the scan, right click the skin and you will see this option. Background scanning cannot be scheduled but you will take less resources of your machine to scan  8)
The best things in life are free.