Author Topic: Having great success with Avast!  (Read 2312 times)

Dijidog

Having great success with Avast!
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »
I have had great success with Avast! on my main computer and am going to put it on my other 2!
Doesn't really matter, but everyone has been so nice in this community I thought maybe somebody working for Avast! keeps track of these types of things ...
These are the computers I will use with Avast! and their stats

HP Pavilion Dv7-1170us Entertainment PC
amd turion 2.1 ghz
mem: 4G
64 bit os vista
http://www.ciao.com/HP_Pavilion_Dv7_1170us_Entertainment__16297322#productdetail

Icnova Thinkpad T500
intel core 2 duo cpu
T9400 2.3ghz
783 mhz2,99 gb ram
win xp pro 2002sp3

HP compaq 6910p
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2.00GHz
Hard Drive: 120 GB SATA @ 5400RPM
RAM: 2.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2 x 1GB)

Thank you everyone ...

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Having great success with Avast!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:00:59 PM »
Hi Dijidog

I'm happy to say that avast has been one of the success stories of my life.

That's serious hardware you're working with. I know you will be well served by avast. The ICnova is your Linux platform I presume (or a separate software package) on the T500 (http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4560). I'm a big fan of Thinkpads, even though the only one I run is a vintage R50 (http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/19953/review/thinkpad_r50.html).

I originally bought the R50 back to life from terminal collapse, and it is currently the company toolbox, carrying the mobile fix-its and handyware, after serving a few tours of duty as a courtesy hand-out to people whose machines were being repaired. A real goer in the rough and tumble this Thinkpad, no longer nice to look at on account of the combat scars, but certainly deserving of a medal of distinction. Prior to promotion to company toolbox, the R50 was restored to factory (once again), then reset in preparation for its new role. A three month starter on Norton 2003 came as part of the Restore and we decided (once again) to crib the free time from Symantec, partly because live updates always click in so smoothly in the factory reset, but mostly because we can't help being nosy (up until now, the machine has mainly been in other people's hands - something of a problem getting the damn thing back off them).

Come September, I will be loading avast on the system for the first time, so it will be something of an occasion. I don't doubt the machine will go the distance, despite its vintage (2002), and all credit to IBM of those years. Certainly saves us the worry involved in putting any expensive later model at risk, and at the same time leaving latitude for that kind of gear to do the high-tech work  they were made for. Just throw the R50 in the kit and we're good to go, absolutely ideal for work 'in the wild'.   

Regards.

Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.