Author Topic: Vista Home basic install of Avast - 4Home  (Read 2224 times)

mmarti2x

Vista Home basic install of Avast - 4Home
« on: June 26, 2009, 05:14:57 AM »
Is there a special sequence to follow for installing Avast on my new HP 550 with Celeron processor or what?
when I try to install it, it will scan the memory and then disappears with no control panel. Any suggestions?

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
Re: Vista Home basic install of Avast - 4Home
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 05:55:46 AM »
Is there a special sequence to follow for installing Avast on my new HP 550 with Celeron processor or what?

No not really. I have it running on an HP DV 5527 and the install was straight forward.

when I try to install it, it will scan the memory and then disappears with no control panel. Any suggestions?

Well you will have to expand on that. Now after installing avast, when you start it, it does a start-up scan then goes into the main window. Is this what you mean?
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

onlysomeone

Re: Vista Home basic install of Avast - 4Home
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:16:29 AM »
Hi mmarti2x!

Did you use any other antivirus application on that pc before?
Do you use any other security software beside avast!? (antivirus, antispyware, firewall,...)

your
onlysomeone