Author Topic: i have 5 registry enterys that i cant remove  (Read 3551 times)

CLEARICE01

i have 5 registry enterys that i cant remove
« on: May 21, 2004, 12:35:45 AM »
after having problems with windows i had to uninstall avast and reinstall but after uninstalling i have 5 registry enterys that will not uninstall.when i reinstalled avast with the registry keys still in the registry i cant update automaticaly and have other problems with avast.can some one tell me how to get rid of the keys in the registry so i can reinstall avast ??? ???

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:i have 5 registry enterys that i cant remove
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 12:38:32 AM »
have you tried the avast removal tool? http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1336.html

get the one for avast 4
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

CLEARICE01

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 01:02:14 AM »
hi.MacLover2000.i got the removal tool.do i have to reinstall avast??.can you please tell me how to use the tool.thanks.after reinstalling and using the tool there are still 3 avast standard support shield.and 3.avast asynchronous virus monitor.keys.that will not come out no matter what i try >:(
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 01:23:24 AM by CLEARICE01 »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 01:42:47 AM »
hmm after the tool they are still there? ( instructions are on the page i gave you) Do you know how to use regedit?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

CLEARICE01

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 03:23:37 AM »
hi.MacLover2000.thanks for the help i got them out with the app called registry workshop it works great.avast is reinstalled and aok.thanks