Author Topic: Profile  (Read 3290 times)

bexar656

« on: June 26, 2009, 03:44:45 AM »
I want to complete my information on my profile but can't find how to do it. Any help.

PamJ

Re: Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 05:54:32 AM »
Hello, and welcome!

There is a blue horizontal bar above that has "Home, Help, Search, Profile, My Messages, Calendar, Member Map, Logout."  Click on "Profile" to fill yours out. There are certain things you won't be able to do until you reach I think it's 20 posts (i.e., have an avatar).  Could be wrong on the number. 

This is a great place!!

Pam

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »
You have to have 20 posts before you can edit certain areas of your Profile.

The problem comes from drive by spammers, who having registered put objectionable or commercial links in their profile signature to try and gain link promotion, etc.

There have also been cases of the PM function being abused to spam forum members, so you will notice that you can't use the PM function either.

Unfortunately because of the actions of others legitimate members suffer by the actions to prevent this spamming.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bexar656

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:23:28 PM »
I know how to get to Profile but there's no way to type anything further in like, Gender, age, location, language. Are these restricted to the 20 post wait?

PamJ

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:59:04 PM »
I know how to get to Profile but there's no way to type anything further in like, Gender, age, location, language. Are these restricted to the 20 post wait?

I'm not sure about those, but I'm sure DavidR or someone else with a better memory than I have will come along and answer definitively.    I know I wanted to do an avatar and signature, and couldn't do those things until the 20 posts.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 12:54:49 AM »

short answer...yes (because of what DavidR said)

when you do have 20 posts you have to click on 'forum profile information' and from there you can change your pic and other things.

-Scott-