Author Topic: Trojan, worm  (Read 3005 times)

simpof

Trojan, worm
« on: May 21, 2004, 02:31:07 AM »
Hi
Is Avast4HE protect against all known worms and trojans? I heard that antivirus software do not necessarily protect against all worms and trojans and that it can be usefull or necessary to have  a protection or a scan from specialized software like «A2 (a-Squared)» or «TDS 3 Trojan Defender» or «Trojan shield»
Your opinion please
Thank you   ???

neal62

Re:Trojan, worm
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 06:15:25 AM »
That is correct. No anti- virus program protects you from some of the other infections from the Internet. It is a good thing to use programs that protect you from worms, trojans, spyware, browser hijacking, etc along with an anti-virus program.
    There are numerous free programs of all or any of the above mentioned. It's almost a necessity to use those along with obtaining the latest Wins security fixes (patches) from Wins Update. If your using WinXp or Win2000 you especially need to go to Wins Updates and have it check your pc for possible downloads. ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 06:19:22 AM by neal62 »

Staind

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 02:54:24 PM »
I would generally recommend running an online Virus scan maybe once every week or two weeks.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 05:34:59 PM »
I found avast! effective enough,so i don't use any other trojan/worm cleaner. The only addon i use is Ad-aware and SpyBot for spyware. And avast! can even clean some of spyware (detected as Win32:Trojan-Gen)!
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog