Author Topic: Best ad text for avast - show your creativity!  (Read 30271 times)

CoJo

Re:Best ad text for avast - show your creativity!
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2004, 05:02:18 PM »
If we just enlarge it, we didn't do anything big. We need presentation, better presentation. I think that picture I posted really presents Alwil in very good professional light... if not, just forget it guys...

People are like bees... if something is sweet and colorful it's for sure more interesting than something black/white... of course it shouldn't be too colorful...

Sasha, your design is very professional and I like it very much...
and with RejZor's text, I honestly believe we have a winner!

Way To Go!!

cojo

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2004, 05:04:41 PM »
Sasha,dont take critics as something bad :)
I just think the logo should be as the one which present the company on all products,webpages and so one. Its the same for other companies on that page so i think it would be the best to just enlarge it so it will be more visible. Unless Alwil guys are thinking about changing the logo hehe... ;D
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2004, 05:13:09 PM »
No, I must disagree with you on this one my friend. I didn't change company logo. Logo is same like it was before.

You don't want to change logo, but you also sent ball with "a" inside... that's changing logo too  ;D.

Well, I don't care any more. If they want it, they can take it, if not, then there is no point to change original small one either... I just suggested how to make Alwil presentation better, 'cause I can see they need something "eye-catching"...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 05:37:55 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2004, 05:21:55 PM »
Maybe somone from Alwil should check this thread. I want to hear suggestions about my text and your logo. Also what they think about all this.

If we use your logo (most probably hehe ;D ) than can you make the upper and left edge of logo a bit more "strong" or more visible,so the logo wont blend too much into the white page.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2004, 05:35:55 PM »
I don't believe they will accept it, but anyway...

Good point... white background on Microsoft WEB site...
Something like this ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 05:36:55 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2004, 05:36:20 PM »
And on white background...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2004, 08:09:27 PM »
First, let me thank you for the input. You guys are great. ;D

About the logo... yeah, I somewhat assumed that it'll catch your attention and eventually become part of the discussion.

The framed logo that's currently on the page was an accident -- the frame really shouldn't be there, and the logo should've full size (i.e. 120 pixels wide).

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I'm still a big believer in monochromatic logos (maybe with some little twist in it). Look at the big brands - Nike, Mercedes, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Intel, HP, IBM, Nokia, Sony, Kraft, Nestle, Marlboro etc. etc. etc. (just to name a few) -- they ALL have monochromatic logos for decades and seem to be actually very happy with it! Colorful logos may be nice but usually have no long  existence...

Since the presentation is in fact related to avast! my idea was really to put there the classic avast logo (that's attached)... Maybe too simple but definitely identifying...

BTW it's funny how logos are now pretty much business article like any else... you can buy a logo for a couple of bugs on sites like http://selectlogo.com  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

CoJo

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2004, 09:46:43 PM »
Vlk, it's certainly eye catching and stands out nicely...it looks good!

cojo

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2004, 02:41:01 AM »
Colorful logos may be nice but usually have no long  existence...
BTW it's funny how logos are now pretty much business article like any else... you can buy a logo for a couple of bugs on sites like http://selectlogo.com  :)

Colorful logos ? This guy I posted in here should be just presentation on Microsoft site, not permanent Alwil logo... but, anyway, rejected - ok.

Yes you can buy logo for few bucks... true. But, why doing that ? I made logo for free... my good will. Maybe it would be better if I start to charge for my drawings, hehe  ;D

Funny, but truth is, people think you are much worther if you charge for your work, not if you give for free. If it's for free then must be something stupid and ugly... if it's expensive, then it must be something good...

Ok, my starting price is 1 dollar... anyone with better offer ?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 01:01:45 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2004, 04:45:22 PM »
Vlk, do you have the 'final' text to present us?
About the logo: the monochrome is too simple but, as you said, great logos are monochrome. Maybe the majority of avast forum pages are blue and the blue logo does not call the user attention  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2004, 08:51:41 PM »
Yes you can buy logo for few bucks... true. But, why doing that ? I made logo for free... my good will. Maybe it would be better if I start to charge for my drawings, hehe  

Funny, but truth is, people think you are much worther if you charge for your work, not if you give for free. If it's for free then must be something stupid and ugly... if it's expensive, then it must be something good...

Ok, my starting price is 1 dollar... anyone with better offer ?

Is this supposed to be a reaction to my post??? :o
Did I say anything like free=bad?? You must be kidding me -- after all, avast4Home itself is freeware...

What I was saying is that it's funny how every and each company has a logo - there must be like millions of logos out there... :)

Anyway Craftec you think that the picture on that page shouldn't be the alwil/avast logo? That it could be something else??

If so, I'd prefere the avast style instead of the alwil style. The thing is, it's quite hard to push 2 brands - and the word "avast" already has some reputation (in contrary to relatively unknown 'alwil').

thanks
Vlk

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2004, 12:01:10 AM »
If so, I'd prefere the avast style instead of the alwil style. The thing is, it's quite hard to push 2 brands - and the word "avast" already has some reputation (in contrary to relatively unknown 'alwil').

I agree with you... avast is well known than Alwil.
But, what about the text itself?  8)
The best things in life are free.

Staind

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »
I'd have to say though that S.Z.Craftec was the most eye-catching logo I've ever seen. Very nicely done (I would've picked that one :P).

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2004, 05:46:21 PM »
Thanks Staind...

...maybe this one with "avast" word instead "Alwil" ?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2004, 02:00:16 PM »
Here's the text I'd put there - a slight modification of RejZor's one:

avast! antivirus is based on the comprehensive ALWIL Software scanning technology available since 1988. Featuring fast incremental updates and advanced multi-layer real-time protection of all infection vectors, it provides high security against virtually all kinds of malware. avast! is offered in multiple editions, starting with the FREE Home Edition for personal use, Professional Edition with extra features, PDA Edition up to the Network Edition with centralized administration for large corporate networks running Windows, Exchange and ISA servers. In addition, ALWIL offers free 24/7 support on their online forums and via support telephone/e-mail.