Author Topic: Best ad text for avast - show your creativity!  (Read 30277 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:Best ad text for avast - show your creativity!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2004, 02:58:14 PM »
Sounds pretty good to me :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

CoJo

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2004, 03:20:58 PM »
Here's the text I'd put there - a slight modification of RejZor's one:

avast! antivirus is based on the comprehensive ALWIL Software scanning technology available since 1988. Featuring fast incremental updates and advanced multi-layer real-time protection of all infection vectors, it provides high security against virtually all kinds of malware. avast! is offered in multiple editions, starting with the FREE Home Edition for personal use, Professional Edition with extra features, PDA Edition up to the Network Edition with centralized administration for large corporate networks running Windows, Exchange and ISA servers. In addition, ALWIL offers free 24/7 support on their online forums and via support telephone/e-mail.

Vlk, that is very professional...
but I do have one question (don't I always?!)
Can you not at least capitalize the A in avast! I know it's not usually capitalized, but in writing it in this text form, it would look better...jmo, of course! It also would balance out the capitalization of ALWIL, FREE, and the other first letter capitalizations.
New readers may think it is a proof reading error...

I'm sorry that I am so "picky!" ;D
I just want readers to be impressed and come to avast! and stay and buy  ;)

cojo

KezzerDrix

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2004, 03:40:21 PM »
I am new to the forum but I can tell you my opinion and what influenced me to try Avast!.  The fact that it is free sorry if that sounds crass but I was tired of paying NAV for their crap.  

I plan to upgrade to pro because I like the extra features but the power of choice is all important you are leaving it in my hands to choose weather or not to pay anything.  I think that it needs to be closer to the top of the paragraph.  I mean really who is going to sit and read all of these.  Grab their attention, right at the beginning with the "free" word or make the little avatar, or emblem, or whatever it is say under Avast! "free home version".  Modifying the Avatar to say that might be the most eye catching.  

I know that I would scroll through them looking for something that caught my eye, and other Anti-Virus's have more name recognition(sorry) SO leap from the page and scream try me.  

IMHO,
Kezz

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2004, 12:19:54 AM »
Here's the text I'd put there - a slight modification of RejZor's one:

avast! antivirus is based on the comprehensive ALWIL Software scanning technology available since 1988. Featuring fast incremental updates and advanced multi-layer real-time protection of all infection vectors, it provides high security against virtually all kinds of malware. avast! is offered in multiple editions, starting with the FREE Home Edition for personal use, Professional Edition with extra features, PDA Edition up to the Network Edition with centralized administration for large corporate networks running Windows, Exchange and ISA servers. In addition, ALWIL offers free 24/7 support on their online forums and via support telephone/e-mail.

Sound good, but... first two versions were without mentioning skinable feature... then everybody asked to put that also into text, 'cause possibility that GUI can be changed by the user itself sounds very nice... then RejZor added something about changeable skins feature... then Vlk removed skin changing feature from text...  ;D

Cheers !
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 12:21:26 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2004, 07:26:23 PM »
Avast! > avast! totally Cojo.

Oh, I'm just wondering why is Norton and GFI placed higher in the list than Avast!?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 07:30:30 PM by Staind »

CoJo

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2004, 07:54:27 PM »
Avast! > avast! totally Cojo.

??? meaning what, staind?

cojo