Author Topic: Installing Acrobat 5  (Read 2190 times)

DarElls

Installing Acrobat 5
« on: July 04, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »
Windows XP Media Center
SP2
Dell Inspiron E1505

I am wondering if when installing Acrobat 5 if Avast is blocking the printer drivers to install of this software? 

If so, how do I disable until I get this software installed?  I need to create PDF files & need these printer drivers on my computer & they are not installing.  If you have any other ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

DarElls   

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Installing Acrobat 5
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »
avast scans and alerts to infection it doesn't block.

You are talking of acrobat 5, which unless that is a typo is way out of date and may be more to do with the problem than anything else (compatibility). Acrobat 9 is the latest version and older versions had vulnerabilities that could leave your system open to exploit. http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

dansorin

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:53:16 AM »
acrobat 5 is indeed way outdated. for creating pdf files you can use a free pdf creator, there are very good. for example http://www.dopdf.com/index.php

DarElls

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »
I know Acrobat 5 is outdated, but my church's publishing company requires us to use Acrobat 5.  I have special settings that I must use in order to upload the church's newsletter.  I need the Acrobat 5 to create PDF files in Microsoft Publisher and Word.  When installing Acrobat 5 the Printer Drivers are not being installed.  Why?     

I also put on the newer Reader-9.0  on my computer & use that for reading PDF files on the Internet.