Author Topic: I have ask this questions once before and could not fine where I 1st ask  (Read 3835 times)

sham1313

when I had ask this question once before witch was I almost always have to click twice to open any program on my desk top. I mean click twice then click twice again. I received one reply witch I cannot quite recall all of it. it had to do about you could change the click on the mouse to where you could change from clicking it one time to open a program to double clicking it twice. witch I know you can get to threw the control panel. it ask something about if I  downloaded any that the part I do not recall if it had ask if I downloaded what ever or I should download. I  did reply back saying about a year ago my husband brought this hp vista computer home and plug in his wirerless mouse. fore a few month all I  had to do was click once. but now I have to double click twice then double twice again to open any thing on my computer desktop.  had a few others question going and I had other things pop up that had me tied up for awhile. it took me a while to notice I did not get any more replies to this questions. that is why I am asking again.
thanks Sharon

Spiritsongs

:)  Hi Sharon :

To find where you asked that question before, you use this Forum's "Search"
 feature ( by clicking it ), then click "Advanced search" ; a Menu will appear
 and you fill in various "blanks", like putting in "mouse" where it says "Search
 for" and "sham1313" where is says "by user" ( remove the asterick ) and then
 put a checkmark in the "Show results as messages" . I did that on your behalf
 and found the Thread you are looking for at
 http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=46420.msg390052;topicseen#msg390052 ; did you try "norel"s advice ?

sham1313

maybe i did not do just like you wrote but i did type sham1313 in the search and found some of my question just not this one. thanks you I will check the one email out again. but i know after i wrote the last post i still did not know how or what to do. i am sure it has to do with the wirerless mouse that is plug into it just don't know what to do about it. thanks again Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Another way of doing it is to view your last posts. I found this on page 6 of "view the last posts of this member".
(And no, I don't know the answer, sorry.)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

in the 1st time I ask this question and got this reply.

Did it just start after functioning normally? If you've changed any of your mouse settings lately that might be causing it. If the click speed has been changed to something you're not used to that might cause it. You can change your mouse click from double click to single click. Just go to Control Panel>Folder Options>General then select "Single click to open an item." You might try that. If it fixes it then you'll know it has something to do with the mouse's double click settings. Also, if you move the mouse even slightly when you're clicking that will cause it to not work.

the last line maybe the problem. I am on a lot of medication and some times my hands shakes quite a bit and they have been changing a couple of them in the last couple of months. I bet that is the answer. thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
If that is the case, try setting it to open files with a single instead of a double click.
Might help.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

about the only time my husband clicks on a icons is when he clicks his IE 7 and he has not mention any thing. I think with out telling him I will set it do one click and see if he mentions any thing. when I 1st ask this question and got a reply i thought it might have to do with the wireless mouse we use. alltho it was plug in right in the computer as when it was 1st set up and it did not have this problem then.
thanks Sharon