Author Topic: Web Upload being blocked in IE % FF  (Read 4769 times)

wombath

Web Upload being blocked in IE % FF
« on: July 01, 2009, 10:07:51 PM »
Hi,

I have issues with uploading files to a web-based CRM application SugarCRM. This happens in IE7/IE8 as well as FF 3.2. When stopping avast home I can then upload the files.

I recently had to reinstall my computer. Before doing this I didn't have the above issues.

What and where can change to get this working again, I have been using avast home for several years with no other issues todate.

Thxs in Advance

wombat

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Web Upload being blocked in IE % FF
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
Which is your firewall?
Webshield should not scan outbound connections, so, it does not seem to be the culprit here.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
This sounds more like a conflict to me - Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Presumable you are using FTP for the upload and avast doesn't monitor FTP traffic ?

I don't believe avast would get involved in the actual upload, though I don't know if when you access the files to upload them they are scanned, but avast should in that case only alert to any infection and not physically block. Hence my comment on conflict as two security applications wrestle for control of a scan.

Essentially nothing has changed in avast recently and the last program update was 4.8.1335 on 5 February 2009, so it should still be the same.

What other security software do you have installed ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wombath

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:11:44 PM »
Hi,

@tech:

I use the standard windows firewall, I completely reinstalled windows about 2 weeks ago, reformatted the hard drive. 

@DavidR

I have no other security sw in use. I'm not sure but I think the transfer is via FTP.

It must be something in avast, as when I stop all services the upload then work

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Wombat

wombath

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:17:13 PM »
Hi,

Just talked to someone, SugarCRM uses http file transfer

WombatH

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 01:13:38 AM »
Just talked to someone, SugarCRM uses http file transfer
So it should use WebShield to be scanned (if it uses port 80). But if you do not have a firewall besides Windows one, I can't guess what's wrong ???
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 01:37:50 AM »
<snip>
@DavidR

I have no other security sw in use. I'm not sure but I think the transfer is via FTP.

It must be something in avast, as when I stop all services the upload then work

That is the problem with conflicts, remove one element and no conflict and what it doesn't do is identify which is the true culprit. Given that you haven't had this happen with avast before and the avast program has not been updated since February nothing has changed that could even possibly cause this.

So when did this start to happen and what changed around that time ?
e.g. has SugarCRM changed recently as if it is using the HTTP port (80) to upload and download files it must use strict http protocol...

As Tech said the web shield shouldn't monitor outbound http connections.

What exactly are the issues you first mentioned, are there any errors, etc. displayed ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wombath

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »
Hi,

I am getting this message in FF after about a minute:

"The document contains no data.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

WombatH

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 01:25:45 AM »
Start by remembering I know nothing of how SugarCRM works, I had a quick lok at the SugarCFM site, bt I'm none the wiser for it.

What site is it that you are trying to connect to ?
How do you actually connect, presumably you have to log in or aren't you even getting that far ?

Is this always the same link ?

Has this ever worked before ?

wombath

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:26 AM »
Hi,

We are SugarCRM implementers and have over 60 customers. With the customers systems I have access to I have had no problems in the past accessing their systems and uploading files until I was forced to rebuild my system. From another machines where Avast is installed no issues.

I have now temporarily installed another anti-virus software and have no issues uploading files!

Suggests to me that something in avast is causing this.

Malcolmh

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 12:52:19 AM »
avast doesn't monitor uploads, so I don't know what is going on.

As you say:
Quote from: wombath
From another machines where Avast is installed no issues.

So that to me doesn't confirm avast is causing it ???