Author Topic: whats the diference between the free version compared to the pro version  (Read 3110 times)

zedzero

whats the difference between the free version compared to the pro version.. i like avast and i would by the pro version if it was better but how do you improve such a good program?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Hi zedzero, welcome to the forum.
Here's the comparison chart, from the Alwil website.
Probably the more useful of the features is the ability to easily schedule scanning, automatic handling of found malware, and the enhanced user interface. There are a few more differences, as you can see. (This is all subjective, of course.)

If you click on the upgrade banner from the providers' interface (left click the tray icon) there is a discount for the pro. (20% off)

Avast is a great program. A very significant part of what has kept me malware free for about two years.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

zedzero

yea its so good as is.. i still don't see any reason to pay for the pro.. what makes it worth upgrading? i mean its all the same stuff just a more helpful interface.. i don't need that, i wish there was more or a better scanner or something i mean it doesn't seem worth the upgrade can you tell me why im wrong if i am please.  i'm looking for someone to convince me upgrading is the way to go

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Only you can make that decision. For some, particularly those in households where the computer might be used by the non-informed, automatic handling and scheduled scanning is the way to go.
I'd certainly buy the pro if I was in that situation.
But you need to weigh your own requirements and make that D.

I can try and convince you if you want.  ;D

zedzero

this may be weird but i would love to be convinced lol give it your best shot.. i want to buy it i just cant justify it yet.. help me justify it! please.. lol i'm looking forward to this

Mr.Agent

Avast! 4.8 Pro got a Push Update that is more fast than the normal automatic one because you will get more fast update so you will be more secure. Script Blocker also give you the compatibility to surf more safe while you are on internet.

Mr.Agent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The fact there isn't a better scanner is the reason for a lot of users to have joined avast free.
The differences are on usability (automated actions, scheduling) and configurability.
Also, the Pro version has another provider called Script Blocker.
The best things in life are free.

zedzero

ok i think i'll upgrade .. thankyou everyone!

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Good on you.
I bet you'll be happy with it; let us know how you like it.