Author Topic: avast! 4.8 Home compatible w/ XP Home Edition x86/chest un-installed?  (Read 2972 times)

xblazingpig

I am wondering if avast! is compatible with an x86-based computer, and if not, if there are other anti-virus programs compatible with x86-based computers. I had used avast! on my x86 computer, and I had not encountered any problems. The web shields worked fine, the scans worked well, etc.

PS: I believe I had some files in my virus chest, and I uninstalled avast. What happened to those files?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
PS: I believe I had some files in my virus chest, and I uninstalled avast. What happened to those files?
Those files have been deleted.

As to the x86 question, don't know, sri.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
I am wondering if avast! is compatible with an x86-based computer, and if not, if there are other anti-virus programs compatible with x86-based computers. I had used avast! on my x86 computer, and I had not encountered any problems. The web shields worked fine, the scans worked well, etc.

I'm not sure what your question means.
Avast 4.8 Home is for Microsoft Windows which will only install and run natively on an x86 compatible architecture CPU (or x86-64 for the 64-bit Windows version) so I'm pleased but not surprised you didn't encounter any problems.  :)

Do you mean will it run on 386, 486, etc?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Chested files are completely deleted (no recovery).
The best things in life are free.