Author Topic: No AV installed for Vista (perfmon.exe /report)  (Read 5192 times)

rolloLG

No AV installed for Vista (perfmon.exe /report)
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:32:12 PM »
Hi, can't understand if it's a bug in Vista (and Win7 do the same) x86 Italian, or a bug of Avast not registering itself correctly using "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\VisthAux.exe"....
If I run "Perfmon /report" I have these results showing no AV is installed! The Security center instead is ok and reports Avast! correctly installed. It's like it missed to register the product there:

http://www.pctunerup.com/up/image.php?src=_200901/20090106123820_Immagine2.jpg

I've reproduced this on 4 different PCs with Vista Home Basic, Home Premium and Windows 7 all in Italian and freshly installed (=no registry corruption, conflict with other programs or whatsoever... they were absolutely clean install!).
Could it be the fact that in Italian Security center has been translated causing problems to VisthAux.exe?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:54:45 PM by hexaae »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

rolloLG

Re: No AV installed for Vista (perfmon.exe /report)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=avast+not+in+vista+security+senter&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Thank you but you didn't read carefully: Security center is ok and reports Avast! correctly installed. The problem is missing registration into another part of the OS, causing Perfmon or other system tools to report this incoherence...
I know I'm picky about this... ;)

It's all right for you if you run a "Perfmon /report" and reports AV installed?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:56:59 PM by hexaae »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »
sorry, maybe somone else has a solution. Tech or DavidR.......

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 03:47:08 PM »
Count me out, I have avoided Vista as I feel it offers me nothing (but bells and whistles and possibly hassle) which I can't do on XP Pro.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »
I never used that tool. Sorry can't help. But I won't worry that much if avast is really running and even Security Center detects it...
The best things in life are free.

rolloLG

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »
Ehm... thank you but some more technical views? :)
The AV works fine and the Security center is OK, but something is not correctly registered for Vista/Win7 beyond that...
It's a detail and only a few programs notice this but I think Avast should support all the features of the new OSes better.
I'm sure it's quite trivial to fix, but you need more documentation about that (I'll see what I can find also on Technet)...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 05:18:01 PM by hexaae »