Author Topic: Win32 trojan gen (other)  (Read 34446 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Win32 trojan gen (other)
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 04:38:23 PM »
That particular virus 'can't' be there as you have confirmed it yourself. It doesn't mean that there might be something else either hidden or undetected (but not that particular one).

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it and report the findings (it should product a log file).

Don't worry about reported tracking cookies they are a minor issue and not one of security, allow SAS to deal with them though. - See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nico-Sid

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 08:07:01 PM »
That particular virus 'can't' be there as you have confirmed it yourself. It doesn't mean that there might be something else either hidden or undetected (but not that particular one).

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it and report the findings (it should product a log file).

Don't worry about reported tracking cookies they are a minor issue and not one of security, allow SAS to deal with them though. - See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.

Thanks for the programs, they only found tracking cookies.
I will send my latest new log files.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 08:12:46 PM »
So, seems you're clean. Cookies is not a thing to be worried about.
The best things in life are free.

Nico-Sid

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 01:27:05 AM »

This are my latest log files (attach)

Thx

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 01:45:47 AM »
I haven't had a look at the ad-aware log as personally I feel that program is a waste of hard disk space not to mention it is way old 2007 version. Both of the programs I mentioned are much better and you should replace ad-aware with both them.

MBAM indicates clean.

From your HJT log:
Ensure you have the latest version of JRE (JAVA Runtime Environment) because older versions can be vulnerable to malware. First remove All Older Versions From Add/Remove Programs.

Then get the latest update from here http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Or JRE version 6 update 14 http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sun_Java_Runtime_Environment_d4648.html

So it looks like you have some form for out of date applications - I would also suggest a visit to this site, which scans your system for out of date programs that have patches to close vulnerabilities, http://secunia.com/software_inspector/.

You don't appear to have an active firewall - It should be capable of blocking unauthorised outbound Internet Connections. - What is your firewall ?

Whilst the windows XP firewall is usually good at keeping your ports stealthed (hidden) it provides no outbound protection and you should consider a third party firewall.

Any malware that manages to get past your defences will have free reign to connect to the internet to either download more of the same, pass your personal data (sensitive or otherwise, user names, passwords, keylogger retrieved data, etc.) or open a backdoor to your computer, so outbound protection is essential.

Other than that I don't see anything obvious in your HJT log.

You didn't run SAS or haven't posted its log, if it only found cookies, no need to post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nico-Sid

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 02:09:15 AM »
I haven't had a look at the ad-aware log as personally I feel that program is a waste of hard disk space not to mention it is way old 2007 version. Both of the programs I mentioned are much better and you should replace ad-aware with both them.

MBAM indicates clean.

From your HJT log:
Ensure you have the latest version of JRE (JAVA Runtime Environment) because older versions can be vulnerable to malware. First remove All Older Versions From Add/Remove Programs.

Then get the latest update from here http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Or JRE version 6 update 14 http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sun_Java_Runtime_Environment_d4648.html

So it looks like you have some form for out of date applications - I would also suggest a visit to this site, which scans your system for out of date programs that have patches to close vulnerabilities, http://secunia.com/software_inspector/.

You don't appear to have an active firewall - It should be capable of blocking unauthorised outbound Internet Connections. - What is your firewall ?

Whilst the windows XP firewall is usually good at keeping your ports stealthed (hidden) it provides no outbound protection and you should consider a third party firewall.

Any malware that manages to get past your defences will have free reign to connect to the internet to either download more of the same, pass your personal data (sensitive or otherwise, user names, passwords, keylogger retrieved data, etc.) or open a backdoor to your computer, so outbound protection is essential.

Other than that I don't see anything obvious in your HJT log.

You didn't run SAS or haven't posted its log, if it only found cookies, no need to post.

Hi,
My firewall is windows firewall.
and what is SAS?
thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 03:56:54 AM »
As I mentioned the XP Firewall is like a firedoor that only protects from fire from one side, you need to consider a third party firewall.

SAS is the second program I mentioned SuperAntiSpyware.

Nico-Sid

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 12:40:14 PM »
As I mentioned the XP Firewall is like a firedoor that only protects from fire from one side, you need to consider a third party firewall.

SAS is the second program I mentioned SuperAntiSpyware.

SAS didn't find anything.
How do I set a third party firewall? Is it a firewall I have to buy at a store?

thanks

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 12:52:01 PM »
Third party basically means a non-Microsoft application.
There are lots of third party firewalls around. Some are free. You can download them, usually. Once installed, the Winodws firewall should be checked to make sure it is off. (Like an antivirus, you can not run two software firewalls together.)
Here is a site that will link to some firewalls, with a brief description of each.

Read the help files. Expect alerts and popups when using one of these, at least for the first few days, while it "learns".
Any questions, ask. Don't just allow everything unless you check it to make sure it is safe.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 01:33:34 PM »
No, no need for that. You can have them for free by Internet.
Online Armour
PCTools
Outpost Firewall Free
Comodo
ZoneAlarm
The best things in life are free.

Nico-Sid

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 02:08:15 AM »
No, no need for that. You can have them for free by Internet.
Online Armour
PCTools
Outpost Firewall Free
Comodo
ZoneAlarm

With the virus in quarantine can i do a disk check and a defragment too?

thanx

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
Short answer, yes.

Files in the chest are encrypted so a scan won't detect them in the chest and they can't do anything in there. A defrag has no impact on avast.

Nico-Sid

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 02:13:19 AM »
Short answer, yes.

Files in the chest are encrypted so a scan won't detect them in the chest and they can't do anything in there. A defrag has no impact on avast.

Ok
So the virus is 'gone' and can do no harm any more or my pc has no effect of it?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 03:25:09 AM »
The chest is a protected area, so it can do no harm there.

Nico-Sid

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 03:45:44 AM »
The chest is a protected area, so it can do no harm there.

Ok thanks for the help guys !