Author Topic: Compatibility?  (Read 2654 times)

goranilic

Compatibility?
« on: July 06, 2009, 09:07:45 AM »
Is it OK to to have Comodo Internet Security along with avast!home edition on Vista?

Thank you,
Gor

spg SCOTT

Re: Compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:23:28 AM »
It is always a bad idea to have two resident scanners installed.
This will cause conflicts and other complications.
You will have to pick just one

-Scott-

johlah

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
If you want install Comodo Firewall with avast! , You must install Comodo with firewall only selected.

Conogo

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
Not trying to knock down any product but my advice on Comodo product is try visit Comodo forum as see yourself the bugs/grievance posted there.

Comodo Internet Security : comprise HopSurf (using Ask.com service) and DNS (using DNS Advantage service)
Comodo System Cleaner : make your computer can't boot if you use other than CIS (ZoneAlarm, Norton 360 etc)
Comodo Disk Encryption : ensure your partition disk won't able to be opened by anybody, including yourself
Comodo Secure Email : make your Thunderbird can't work
The lists go on ...

I used CIS 3.8 & 3.9 for 4 months and decided enough is enough and I switch to avast! (The D+ Defense will make you mad and the AV is very ineffective. Only Firewall good though) CSC and CSE experience was my own (I though it only me but God ... there are plenty post in the forum and the admin known it and admit it yet they still publish it). CDE was my friend experience and he needs to reformat the whole hard disk.

Luckily I found avast!

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »
To be honest, having used it, I wouldn't recommend the firewall either:

I wouldn't recommend Comodo to the avarage user because:

a)care is needed to download the firewall and not the whole suite

b)It is a complicated program to setup, and for the average user, it can be quite daunting for them to use.

but, each is to their own

-Scott-